It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking to a baseline with a URL

Rob Logie (33825041) | asked Sep 08 '11, 2:00 a.m.
retagged Apr 05 '16, 9:56 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi all

Is there a way to link to a specific baseline with a URL ?. I want to be able to use a URL to reference a specific baseline from a Work Item.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Apr 05 '16, 10:00 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC 6.0 a "Copy URL" action was made available on baselines showing in the History view (of the Eclipse client).
This was added in: Copy URL for baselines (344237)
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Sep 08 '11, 10:04 p.m.
Hi all

Is there a way to link to a specific baseline with a URL ?. I want to be able to use a URL to reference a specific baseline from a Work Item.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi Rob,

that is a good question. I looked at it and I found no way to gopy the URL in the Eclipse client - copy URL is grayed out, or get to it in the web client. I also looked at snapshots, but did not find a way to get their URL - they are published in public builds. I tried to drag it in a chat and open it, but there is still no accessible URL that I could get at.

I searched a bit but could not find a work item. I think you should create a work item. Please post the number here, so that I can subscribe. I think all these objects should be referenceable by URL

I have raised a enhancement request , 176709 located here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=176709

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 08 '11, 5:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi Rob,

that is a good question. I looked at it and I found no way to gopy the URL in the Eclipse client - copy URL is grayed out, or get to it in the web client. I also looked at snapshots, but did not find a way to get their URL - they are published in public builds. I tried to drag it in a chat and open it, but there is still no accessible URL that I could get at.

I searched a bit but could not find a work item. I think you should create a work item. Please post the number here, so that I can subscribe. I think all these objects should be referenceable by URL

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.