It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem facing in creating reports in RTC 3

radhika bandari (10675) | asked Sep 06 '11, 7:10 a.m.
Hi,

I am finding difficulty in creating report from the available Report templates "Closed Work Items Daily" i am displayed with the following message.

Closed work items each day
No work items were found.
Why did this happen?
Why did this happen?
This report presents historical data from the data warehouse. This data is collected by automated data collection jobs. It is possible that this chart is empty because these jobs have not had a chance to run yet.
To run the data collection jobs manually as an administrator, go to the Reports tab in the administrative web UI for the Jazz Team Server. Select the "Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications" link. After the jobs have completed, try viewing this report again.
It is also possible that the selected parameters did not return any results from the data warehouse.

About this report
Iterations: Sprint 1 (1.0) (Aug 29, 2011 - Sep 18, 2011)
Report Generated Sep 6, 2011 4:26:47 PM IST
What does this report tell me?

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 06 '11, 4:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am finding difficulty in creating report from the available Report templates "Closed Work Items Daily" i am displayed with the following message.

Why did this happen?
Why did this happen?
This report presents historical data from the data warehouse. This data is collected by automated data collection jobs. It is possible that this chart is empty because these jobs have not had a chance to run yet.
To run the data collection jobs manually as an administrator, go to the Reports tab in the administrative web UI for the Jazz Team Server. Select the "Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications" link. After the jobs have completed, try viewing this report again.
It is also possible that the selected parameters did not return any results from the data warehouse.

About this report

Hi

Is this a new installation (less than 24 hours old)? If so - the data has not been collected yet. Follow the instructions to force a data collection. Also - have you tried closing some work items - there has to be some closed items for this report to work.

regards

anthony

permanent link
radhika bandari (10675) | answered Sep 08 '11, 1:45 a.m.
Hi,

Why did this happen?
Why did this happen?

About this report

Hi

Is this a new installation (less than 24 hours old)? If so - the data has not been collected yet. Follow the instructions to force a data collection. Also - have you tried closing some work items - there has to be some closed items for this report to work.

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony
Hi Anthony,

Thanks in Advance.
Actually Closed, New, Blocked work items are there and are older than 24 hours. I run "Run all data mart collection jobs" in the server as well. I am able to see the result workitems through workitem queries in workitems view. I am not able to findout the problem, I logged in as JazzAdmin user only. I changed Process Configuration also to include Reports. What I need to do apart from these. Are there any permission issues.

Regards,
Radhika

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered Sep 14 '11, 6:44 a.m.
Hi,

Why did this happen?
Why did this happen?

About this report

Hi

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony
Hi Anthony,

Thanks in Advance.
Actually Closed, New, Blocked work items are there and are older than 24 hours. I run "Run all data mart collection jobs" in the server as well. I am able to see the result workitems through workitem queries in workitems view. I am not able to findout the problem, I logged in as JazzAdmin user only. I changed Process Configuration also to include Reports. What I need to do apart from these. Are there any permission issues.

Regards,
Radhika

Not sure, if you are part of the team area on which you are running this report. By default , "My Team Areas" is checked in the report parameter. Uncheck it and run the report.

Thanks,
Bharath

permanent link
Chris Cadiz (1611) | answered Sep 22 '11, 1:09 p.m.
Hi,

Why did this happen?
Why did this happen?

About this report

Hi

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony
Hi Anthony,

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Radhika

Not sure, if you are part of the team area on which you are running this report. By default , "My Team Areas" is checked in the report parameter. Uncheck it and run the report.

Thanks,
Bharath

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. When trying to edit the parameters for a report, nothing comes up. For instance, the Team Area pane will come up with "0 of 0 selected" at the bottom. How do I make the parameters show up.

Thanks,
Chris

permanent link
Amit Kravzov (1351616) | answered Dec 14 '11, 7:15 a.m.
Hi all,
I'm facing the same issue.

No matter which report I use, most of the parameters do not show anything in it. Obviously it is not possible to choose anything from it.
Is it a dw_user permission issue? membership in a project? some other definitions? And yes, all jobs are running.

Best Regards,
Amit Kravzov.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.