It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

windows build engine wouldn't connect to the server

Seul-Kee Yoon (1111) | asked Aug 31 '11, 9:55 p.m.
Hello,

We've been using RTC build engines on both Windows and Linux platform for quite sometime without any issues so far, but suddenly today, windows build engines fails to connect to the server with the following errors.

2011-08-31 12:51:27 Running build loop...
2011-08-31 12:51:27 Waiting for request...
2011-08-31 12:51:29 CRRTC3524W: Repository connection failed: CRJAZ0099I When accessing the URL "https://swgjazz.ibm.com:8052/jazz/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=3.0.1" the following HTTP error occurred: "java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I checked the RTC admin and was informed that there were some SSL updates made today around the time that build failed (due to the above error).

Weird thing is that Linux build engines are still running fine without any issues.

Is there a case where only Windows build engines are impacted by such change? If so, how could I resolve this issue?

Any ideas / thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

2 answers

permanent link
Seul-Kee Yoon (1111) | answered Sep 01 '11, 9:16 a.m.
I just realized that RTC 301 client has Java5, so I downloaded latest IBM Java 6 and gave it a try and confirmed that it works fine.

So, likely it is something that was caused by the Java version that I was using as -vm .

permanent link
Seul-Kee Yoon (1111) | answered Sep 01 '11, 8:31 a.m.
OK, I found a solution to this problem :)

So, we've been using a IBM Java6 VM instead of the one included in RTC client 3.0.1, so I updated our startup scripts to use the new VM, and it now connects to the server just fine.

I still do not fully understand what caused this, since we've been using the RTC build engine with the same VM without any problem until now, and Linux build engines are pointing at just plain IBM Java6 VM as well.

Maybe I should be updating my Linux build engines to use the one from RTC client as well?

Hello,

We've been using RTC build engines on both Windows and Linux platform for quite sometime without any issues so far, but suddenly today, windows build engines fails to connect to the server with the following errors.

2011-08-31 12:51:27 Running build loop...
2011-08-31 12:51:27 Waiting for request...
2011-08-31 12:51:29 CRRTC3524W: Repository connection failed: CRJAZ0099I When accessing the URL "https://swgjazz.ibm.com:8052/jazz/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=3.0.1" the following HTTP error occurred: "java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I checked the RTC admin and was informed that there were some SSL updates made today around the time that build failed (due to the above error).

Weird thing is that Linux build engines are still running fine without any issues.

Is there a case where only Windows build engines are impacted by such change? If so, how could I resolve this issue?

Any ideas / thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.