It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting ImmutablePropertyException while modifying workitem

Yanjie Ren (622) | asked Aug 25 '11, 3:46 a.m.
Hi,
I am trying to programatically modify a workitem, I got this exception when trying to save the working copy after the modifications.

Here is the my code to save the project area.

workItem.setHTMLSummary(XMLString.createFromPlainText( ******: **********************************(********)));

I think the above code cause the error. Maybe the summary be too long? Or it has invalid characters? Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Exception in thread "main" com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.ImmutablePropertyException
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ItemUtil$ProtectAdapter.notifyChanged(ItemUtil.java:2049)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.WorkItemImpl.setSummary(WorkItemImpl.java:1165)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.WorkItemImpl.setHTMLSummary(WorkItemImpl.java:1151)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ItemStore$ItemInvocationHandler.invoke(ItemStore.java:596)
at $Proxy18.setHTMLSummary(Unknown Source)
at bridge.UpdateWorkItem.modifyWorkItem(UpdateWorkItem.java:195)
at bridge.BridgeHandle.Handle(BridgeHandle.java:220)
at bridge.BridgeHandle.main(BridgeHandle.java:364)

One answer

permanent link
David Van Herzele (10121) | answered Aug 30 '11, 4:21 a.m.
Try getting a mutable copy with the getWorkingCopy() method on the workitem and save that mutable copy.

Cheers!

Hi,
I am trying to programatically modify a workitem, I got this exception when trying to save the working copy after the modifications.

Here is the my code to save the project area.

workItem.setHTMLSummary(XMLString.createFromPlainText( ******: **********************************(********)));

I think the above code cause the error. Maybe the summary be too long? Or it has invalid characters? Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Exception in thread "main" com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.ImmutablePropertyException
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ItemUtil$ProtectAdapter.notifyChanged(ItemUtil.java:2049)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.WorkItemImpl.setSummary(WorkItemImpl.java:1165)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.WorkItemImpl.setHTMLSummary(WorkItemImpl.java:1151)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ItemStore$ItemInvocationHandler.invoke(ItemStore.java:596)
at $Proxy18.setHTMLSummary(Unknown Source)
at bridge.UpdateWorkItem.modifyWorkItem(UpdateWorkItem.java:195)
at bridge.BridgeHandle.Handle(BridgeHandle.java:220)
at bridge.BridgeHandle.main(BridgeHandle.java:364)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.