It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scalability of Jazz Repository

Vibha Sinha (1643610) | asked Jun 25 '08, 9:28 a.m.
Hi,

We are looking into Jazz to see if we can use for the following usecase -
- We would be mining multiple data-sources and use Jazz as the central storage repository.
- Different stakeholders would extract relevant information from the above data-store and create their own replica of data to further work with.

I had a couple of questions regarding this:
1) What is the kind of scalability Jazz server provides - our data-set is very huge (would run into several GBs). Also, once we store all this data is the database, how would the query and response time be affected. Have there been any performance studies done on Jazz and if so where could I get these numbers.
2) Can Jazz be configured to use multiple physical repositories instead of a single one ?

Thanks
- Vibha

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 01 '08, 5:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

re: 2) Can Jazz be configured to use multiple physical repositories instead of a single one ?

Jazz today has only one physical repository (but obviously can have multiple projects)

regards

anthony

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jul 01 '08, 9:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
About the scalability of Jazz Team Server, we use it to hold all of our Jazz related developments, and I believe that we have accumulated several gigs of data as well.

About how performance will degrade in relation to your data, the performance will vary based on the structure of your query and the structure of your data.

If you are building a new data model, then you can tell the Jazz query system to build multi-attribute indicies if multi-attribute queries are common.

Can you provide any more details about what sort of data would be in your system, and what type of queries would be executed?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.