It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 CSV Workitem import

Siegfried Oesterreicher (10713730) | asked Aug 24 '11, 9:17 a.m.
Hello,

we want to import a larger bunch of new WorkItems into RTC 3.0.1 with the CSV importer.

Is it possible to import the Parent/Child and Block/Depends on links for this new WorkItems directly ? If yes how do I need to specify the linkages in the CSV file.

I found the the #nnnn possibility for existing Workitems, but not the description how new ones can be directly linked in the CSV imput file.

Sigi

6 answers

permanent link
Siegfried Oesterreicher (10713730) | answered Jan 31 '12, 4:54 p.m.
It seems that still the following dependencies are not correctly imported:

e.g.

EPIC
-> Story -OK
--> Task - Not OK
---> Task -OK

If you have a cascading Parent/Child relationship it seems that the second Parent/Child relationship of the first Child is not imported correctly.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=175976

Sigi

permanent link
Donat Hutter (2153239) | answered Jan 31 '12, 10:43 a.m.
RTC 3.0.1.1
I imported about 3000 items including parent/child relationship to RTC. No error during import, all items are there.

The only issue I have: in about 200 of 3000 items the parent/child relationship is missing. I tried to fix this with an additional import (just the Id and parent column like below) with the update option:

Id,Parent
7430,#7429
7509,#7429

With every import of the SAME file a few more relationships are updated/fixed.

Someone else recognizes the same issue? What might be wrong? Is there something like a timing issue? How to debug this issue?

permanent link
samia khilji (1323) | answered Jan 10 '12, 12:25 p.m.
Was there any solution to this. How can a linking be done in a CSV file import...

Please let me know

permanent link
Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Sep 13 '11, 8:08 a.m.
File Bug

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Sep 08 '11, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, supported, check out https://jazz.net/library/article/69

"Work Item links are supported by using the numeric identifier of a work
item in the CSV column. If the identifier is prefixed with #, the work
item to link to will be looked up from inside the CSV file by using the
column named 'Id' and otherwise looked up in the target repository."

Has anything changed in the way Import from CSV for Work Items operates in 3.0.1 from 3.0? The reason I ask is that it now doesn't seem to work at all. I'm using the default derby database with a Windows 2003 Server and the 3.0.1 RTC cleint for eclipse. This was working in 3.0 just fine. I've tried this on two separate 3.0.1 installs (one upgrade from 3.0 and one new 3.0.1 install). I can easily re-create this by...

Create an Sample project in RTC 3.0.1 using the scrum template as shipped
    Add yourself as the admin and project member with Product Owner role.
    Create one defect and fill in the standard required fields along with priority and planned for
    Export that defect work item to csv using the default fields that come with the exporter.
    Now import that csv file using Import work items from csv and request new work items be created.
    The process runs with no noticeable errors reported.
    The results are no new defects are created.

When I try to import that same csv file and specify Update Matching Work Items I get an error stating the Work Item cannot be found.

We are working on a migration from CQ to RTC and prototyping on 3.0. We upgraded to pilot server we were working with to 3.0.1 (it supposedly contains an enhancement to the importer to support importing "Subscribed By" values. This has brought us to a stand still. Before I open a PMR I want to make sure I haven't over looked something.

permanent link
    Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Aug 26 '11, 6:02 a.m.
    Yes, supported, check out https://jazz.net/library/article/69

"Work Item links are supported by using the numeric identifier of a work
    item in the CSV column. If the identifier is prefixed with #, the work
    item to link to will be looked up from inside the CSV file by using the
    column named 'Id' and otherwise looked up in the target repository."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.