It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAD 8, RTC 2.0 unable to associate work items to change set

Bryan Barone (61) | asked Aug 17 '11, 5:42 p.m.
I recently installed RAD 8.0.3 and the RTC 2 client (p2 - the only RTC 2 version that seems to install/work with RAD 8). Yes, the RTC server version is 2.0.

Everything appears to be working correctly, with the exception of one issue. I am now unable to associate work items to a change set now. The "Associate work item..." menu item does not even exist when I right click on a new change set (as it did before).

Has anyone experienced this issue or have any ideas to what could potentially be causing this?

2 answers

permanent link
Bryan Barone (61) | answered Aug 18 '11, 10:00 a.m.
I recently installed RAD 8.0.3 and the RTC 2 client (p2 - the only RTC 2 version that seems to install/work with RAD 8). Yes, the RTC server version is 2.0.

Everything appears to be working correctly, with the exception of one issue. I am now unable to associate work items to a change set now. The "Associate work item..." menu item does not even exist when I right click on a new change set (as it did before).

Has anyone experienced this issue or have any ideas to what could potentially be causing this?

Hi

I am surprised you got RTC 2 installed into RAD 8 - but if it works for you, that is good news.

re: Associate a work item - check you are logged in to the server, and your repo workspace is pointing to a stream. If it still does not work - please raise a defect on the RTC project.

anthony

Thank you for your response.

I had to use the p2 client (RTC2_Install\rtc-p2-repository) and install from within RAD as posted in another message. Was the only method that worked for me.

Yes, I am logged in and am pointed to a stream. Getting and delivering changes work fine. I just dont have the "Associate work item..." option. Another team member has the same configuration and it works for him. So it seems more environmental then an actual defect with the client? We can't pin-point what is different.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Aug 17 '11, 6:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

I am surprised you got RTC 2 installed into RAD 8 - but if it works for you, that is good news.

re: Associate a work item - check you are logged in to the server, and your repo workspace is pointing to a stream. If it still does not work - please raise a defect on the RTC project.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.