It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Examples and 3.0.1

Jan Harris (5665) | asked Aug 16 '11, 11:03 p.m.
I have tried to implement the sample code

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WorkItemExampleSource - I am trying to compile this similar to the JUnit, examples, on the command line.

The purpose is this:

We need to be able to generate a simple 'ticket' work item which can later be converted to tasks, defects, etc within RTC client.

We are in an AIX environment, so eclipse client requirements are not an option. I've followed some threads about potential enhancement of an 'email importer' in 3.0.next - but a simple implementation of the CreateWorkItem examples would be great. I am missing classpaths, and not sure what else - when I try to to compile on command line. Has anyone tried this outside of eclipse?

2 answers

permanent link
Jan Harris (5665) | answered Aug 17 '11, 9:22 p.m.
Opened 174464 to address the plain java versions

Some more followup - maybe this will help someone else...

The WorkItem and Junit Demos had required the Plain Java Client libraries
AIX does not have a supported Eclipse client, but I was needing some of their libraries so based on
SCM documentation (they have already delivered a CLI) I ended up installing the RTC for Linux on AIX.
This left the following:

RTC-Client-plainJavaLib-3.0.1Beta3.zip : /rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/plainjava/
RTC-Client-Linux-3.0.1.zip : /rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/eclipse/plugins

However the JUnit and WorkItem examples were not building. Even the simplest Junit examples were failing, with various
errors, which were related to conflicting server/client versions (even when the messages did not specifically indicate this!)

Here are the three plugins I had to replace:

jar -xvf com.ibm.team.rtc.common_3.0.0.v20110321_2036.jar plugin.xml --> clientCompatibilityVersion="3.0.1M14" (needs to be 3.0.1)
jar -xvf com.ibm.team.repository.common_1.1.0.v20110321_0029.jar plugin.xml --> confirmed model version was '23'
jar -xvf com.ibm.team.workitem.common_2.3.0.v20110321_2036.jar plugin.xml = model version was "16"

I tried re-ordering classpaths, but usually had more failures, so I did the following:

cd /rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/plainjava/

mv com.ibm.team.repository.common_1.1.0.v20110321_0029.jar com.ibm.team.repository.common_1.1.0.v20110321_0029.jar.ship mv com.ibm.team.rtc.common_3.0.0.v20110321_2036.jar com.ibm.team.rtc.common_3.0.0.v20110321_2036.jar.ship
mv com.ibm.team.workitem.common_2.3.0.v20110321_2036.jar com.ibm.team.workitem.common_2.3.0.v20110321_2036.jar.ship

cp /rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.team.workitem.common_3.0.1.v20110602_1036.jar .
cp /rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.team.repository.common_1.1.1.v20110524_1821.jar .
cp /rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.team.rtc.common_3.0.1.v20110602_1036.jar .

javac -extdirs /rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/server/jre/lib/ext:. snippets/*.java
java -verbose -Djava.ext.dirs=/rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/server/jre/lib/ext:snippets:. snippets.Snippet5

permanent link
Jan Harris (5665) | answered Aug 17 '11, 4:49 p.m.
I have tried to implement the sample code

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WorkItemExampleSource - I am trying to compile this similar to the JUnit, examples, on the command line.

The purpose is this:

We need to be able to generate a simple 'ticket' work item which can later be converted to tasks, defects, etc within RTC client.

We are in an AIX environment, so eclipse client requirements are not an option. I've followed some threads about potential enhancement of an 'email importer' in 3.0.next - but a simple implementation of the CreateWorkItem examples would be great. I am missing classpaths, and not sure what else - when I try to to compile on command line. Has anyone tried this outside of eclipse?

I was having errors even with the snippets examples. (Client Server Mismatch errors)

I noticed that the Plain Java Client libraries in the 3.0.1 download are at 3.0.0

/rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/plainjava/com.ibm.team.rtc.common_3.0.0.v20110321_2036.jar

I have moved the 3.0.0 and copied the one from the plugins:
/rtcinstall/silent-install/JazzTeamServer/jazz/client/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.team.rtc.common_3.0.1.v20110602_1036.jar to the plainjava directory.

It seems the Plain Java libraries need to be updated - I'll file a bug on that.

But I'd still like to know if anyone has had success with command line work item creation using the aforementioned examples
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WorkItemExampleSource

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.