It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing RTC

Joyce Abbott (1111) | asked Aug 16 '11, 3:06 p.m.
Hello, we are new to RTC v 3.0.1. We are currently using ClearQuest as our change management system. Our expertise is in ClearQuest so I am hoping someone can help us understand some of the customizability of RTC. We want to create a new RTC record for calls received into our help desk. We would like to do two of the following things. First, we want to tap into our Microsoft Active Directory to access customer information, is this possible? Scenario: A call comes into the help desk, the support person using the RTC call record enters the users LAN id and pulls the customer name and contact information. The second is, can a defect be generated from a call record if the call results in an application problem? This is something we can do in ClearQuest. Is it possible in RTC 3.0.1? We are looking for advice, examples, and/or feasibility.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 26 '11, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, you should really create a new post for this. I believe there are free and commercial icon libraris available in the net. I have created icons myself too using free image editors.

permanent link
Alwin Brands (3547) | answered Sep 09 '11, 3:44 a.m.
Where can I find additional icons of the right graphical quality to use for my customizations of RTC? Adding additional work item types, workflows etc. some nice icons like for risk mitigation would be great. :D

A search on the internet does not give the right quality. File type is .ico and size 16x16, I believe.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 18 '11, 4:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
First, we want to tap into our Microsoft Active Directory to access customer information, is this possible? Scenario: A call comes into the help desk, the support person using the RTC call record enters the users LAN id and pulls the customer name and contact information.

Currently in RTC you can only browse for users that RTC knows about.

Potentially you could try to create a text attribute to enter the users ID. You could try to create value providers for another set of attributes. These value providers would have to provide the values for the attributes based on the entered ID. However, I have been told that, at least for the Web UI, the exposed libraies/interfaces are linited and it might not be possible to do the programming so.

Also, I believe you would have to provide one implementation for WEB and an additional for the Eclipse client if that is used to set the values.

I would suggest to create an enhancement request to be able to do something like that.

The second is, can a defect be generated from a call record if the call results in an application problem? This is something we can do in ClearQuest. Is it possible in RTC 3.0.1? We are looking for advice, examples, and/or feasibility.

I think if you want to automatically generate a defect based on setting a specific attribute, a post-condition on the server would be the most feasible approach.

Please see: https://jazz.net/library/article/477

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.