It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission to update Work Allocation in profiles

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Aug 15 '11, 9:31 p.m.
When our users are trying to update their Work Allocations in their profile in the Web Client they get the following error:

Permission to modify your work allocations for project area <project> has been restricted in the
process specification.

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

I don't see a permission in the Process Config to allow users to update their work allocations.

Has anyone seen this before and know where to fix it? I'm the only one who can update the profile as I have Admin access.

One answer

permanent link
Michael Walker (99214201157) | answered Aug 16 '11, 3:11 a.m.
When our users are trying to update their Work Allocations in their profile in the Web Client they get the following error:

Permission to modify your work allocations for project area <project> has been restricted in the
process specification.

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

I don't see a permission in the Process Config to allow users to update their work allocations.

Has anyone seen this before and know where to fix it? I'm the only one who can update the profile as I have Admin access.

I figured it out. In the Planning section of the Process Config under Work Environment there's a checkbox for "Users cannot modify their own work allocations".

It's odd that it's the opposite of the other permissions where in this case the check means no permission where under Permissions the check means the user has the permission.

Comments
Brian DiCola commented May 03 '13, 11:47 a.m.

As a follow up, if the check box is selected, and users do not have permission, then who does?  Project admins?

And is that configurable to other roles?

Radha Nagaraja commented Sep 24 '14, 12:57 a.m.

Does it mean, if the checkbox "users cannot modify their own work allocations"  is selected, users in the project will be allowed to change their work allocations?
Currently, users are not able to set allocations even if the checkbox is not selected.

Radha Nagaraja commented Sep 24 '14, 2:59 a.m.

I take it back. problem was a special case where if the user is part of SCRUM and Formal project teams, it is not possible to save work allocations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.