It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate QC defects to RTC - How?

Ilya Sakharov (61) | asked Aug 10 '11, 1:21 p.m.
Hi all,

We are planing a move to RTC for source control, planning and defect management purposes.

Currently all defects reside in QC10 DB.

I know of a bridge that allows use of QC located defects in RTC work-flow, but what about moving all the defects into RTC permanently? How can it be achieved?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 11 '11, 12:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you use the XML format used by the CQ and Bugzilla importers, you can
import attachments.
See article https://jazz.net/library/article/69 for information on this
XML format.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 8/10/2011 4:08 PM, elimir wrote:
Thanks for a reply.

The bidirectional sync does not provide this functionality. It doesn't
actually sync it either. it allows to map entities from QC to RTC
items.

Regrading the CSV: that is an option but how do I preserve the
attachments of logs and screen shots that are linked to selected
defects?

abisterwrote:
Hi Elimir,

there exists a
plugin by a
business partner which apparently allows bidirectional
synchronisation of QC and RTC data. I would guess migration is a
subset of this capability.

An easier way is to export defects in CSV lists and use those to
simply import work items using Eclipse --> file --> import
--> team --> work items from CSV as in
this article.

- Arne

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Aug 10 '11, 5:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Elimir,

another business partner offers migration services into RQM - you might want to inquire if they do subsets, e.g. defects with attachments, figuring that with CLM 2011 the work items for all CLM products (RQM, RRC, RTC) reside in the /ccm app.

Other than that I know that teams have extended the existing CSV importer to handle attachments / screenshots attached to defects. It is doable, but no easy exercise --> see this workshop. However, I believe the challenge will be to access /export the attachements in QC.

- Arne

permanent link
Ilya Sakharov (61) | answered Aug 10 '11, 3:58 p.m.
Thanks for a reply.

The bidirectional sync does not provide this functionality. It doesn't actually sync it either. it allows to map entities from QC to RTC items.

Regrading the CSV: that is an option but how do I preserve the attachments of logs and screen shots that are linked to selected defects?

Hi Elimir,

there exists a plugin by a business partner which apparently allows bidirectional synchronisation of QC and RTC data. I would guess migration is a subset of this capability.

An easier way is to export defects in CSV lists and use those to simply import work items using Eclipse --> file --> import --> team --> work items from CSV as in this article.

- Arne

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Aug 10 '11, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Elimir,

there exists a plugin by a business partner which apparently allows bidirectional synchronisation of QC and RTC data. I would guess migration is a subset of this capability.

An easier way is to export defects in CSV lists and use those to simply import work items using Eclipse --> file --> import --> team --> work items from CSV as in this article.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.