It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

-_-||| HTTP error 413-FULL HEAD

Shi Maode (177) | asked Aug 07 '11, 11:51 p.m.
hi, I encountered an error while passing a very long String (about 2000 chars) to jetty server through REST service:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException: CRJAZ0098I The "com.newteam.common.ISmarterService{/jazz/service/com.newteam.common.ISmarterService}" service failed. The server returned the HTTP error 413 with error text "FULL head".
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.throwHttpClientError(ClientHttpUtil.java:1191)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:420)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:269)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:183)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeCancelableHttpMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:566)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokeModelledRestService(RemoteTeamService.java:251)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:190)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)

I'd like to know if there is a way to pass long Strings to server through REST service............

thX in advance~~~ :)

One answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Aug 18 '11, 2:41 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like you hit the size limit imposed by the server. I know that most servers like Tomcat impose such restrictions but they're usually configurable. You'd need to find the setting and increase the limit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.