It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector will not start because of license problem

Casey Stewart (3121) | asked Jun 18 '08, 7:42 p.m.
When I start up the CQ Connector gateway I get the following message in the cmd window:

18 Jun 2008 13:08:30,004 ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4543E: CQ Event Polling has NOT been started
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: The ClearQuest Connector has not been started because of license issues on Jazz server(s) .
Please check the Jazz server edition or the license granted to the Jazz login account configured for the ClearQuest Connector.
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.checkLicenses(CQInteropPollingManager.java:791)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.initialize(CQInteropPollingManager.java:813)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingIncoming(PollingThread.java:44)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(PollingThread.java:31)

I setup the user that the connector runs with, to use the CQ connector license and they have JazzUser permissions.
I am not sure why this is not working, anybody seen anything similiar?

12 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jun 26 '08, 9:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You'll need to upgrade all 3 components - server, client, and CQ connector.

Lorelei

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 27 '08, 7:44 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just to clarify: "the bug" we're talking about is a message in the status page like what you saw:

There were problems connecting to the CQ DB, Tconcert/test1
null

The bug is that the message is misleading (and missing information) when there is a problem connecting to the Jazz server. The message in the gateway log about a login or license problem is real, and upgrading to the final release won't help (it will just make the status page more accurate, hopefully).

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.