It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector will not start because of license problem

Casey Stewart (3121) | asked Jun 18 '08, 7:42 p.m.
When I start up the CQ Connector gateway I get the following message in the cmd window:

18 Jun 2008 13:08:30,004 ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4543E: CQ Event Polling has NOT been started
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: The ClearQuest Connector has not been started because of license issues on Jazz server(s) .
Please check the Jazz server edition or the license granted to the Jazz login account configured for the ClearQuest Connector.
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.checkLicenses(CQInteropPollingManager.java:791)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.initialize(CQInteropPollingManager.java:813)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingIncoming(PollingThread.java:44)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(PollingThread.java:31)

I setup the user that the connector runs with, to use the CQ connector license and they have JazzUser permissions.
I am not sure why this is not working, anybody seen anything similiar?

12 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jun 18 '08, 8:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Check that the CQ connector account and password are specified correctly in the com.ibm.team.uris property. I am going to open a work item against this because one will get this error if either are incorrect, but the next message I see in the log is an invalid username or password.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jun 18 '08, 9:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, open a web browser and type http://localhost:8081/InteropGateway on the machine where the CQ gateway is installed to see the state of the gateway.

Lorelei

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 19 '08, 9:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You haven't said which edition of the Jazz server you are running; the Standard edition is required.

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

permanent link
Casey Stewart (3121) | answered Jun 19 '08, 11:22 a.m.
I am running the Standard edition of the Jazz Server.

Here is the message I get when I check the status of the gateway:
Gateway started at: 6/18/08 1:08 PM
Uptime: 19:10:14
Gateway Version: I20080530-1457
There were problems connecting to the CQ DB, Tconcert/test1
null

I believe I have specified the CQ Connector account and password correctly in the com.ibm.team.uris property.

Any other ideas?

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jun 19 '08, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does the CQ Connector account or password have any nonstandard URL characters such as the @ sign or the # character? Such characters must have the appropriate escape character, use "%40" for the @ sign, and "%23" for the # character.

Lorelei

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 19 '08, 1:55 p.m.
It's a bug (which has been fixed for the final release) that the message in the status page is bogus; see

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/57403

But this has been seen when either the Jazz server isn't running, or the CQ gateway cannot contact it for some reason (e.g. bad URL in the com.ibm.team.uris property). One problem others have encountered is having an invalid character in the URL (e.g. '@', perhaps in the username or password field). Such characters need to be escaped according to the URL standard (e.g. '@' is '%40').

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

permanent link
Casey Stewart (3121) | answered Jun 26 '08, 1:58 p.m.
So I am assuming I am seeing the status problem because of the bug.
So the problem now is that when I go to setup my synchronization rules I get the following error:
External type information is not available
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.mangagers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 403

I cannot find any information about this on this forum, anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 26 '08, 3:45 p.m.
That's what you'll see when the CQ Gateway encounters the login/license problem that you originally reported. Have you done something to resolve your original issue? If not, then the Gateway is basically refusing to service any requests because it thinks it isn't licensed to run. If you're still seeing the error message in the Gateway log that you originally reported, then nothing else is going to work.

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jun 26 '08, 4:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The final release is available for download and contains the fix for this bug.

Lorelei

permanent link
Casey Stewart (3121) | answered Jun 26 '08, 5:37 p.m.
Do I need to just install the new connector code or the connector code and the New RTC server and client as well?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.