It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading to CLM 3.0.1

Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | asked Aug 04 '11, 5:27 a.m.
Hi All,

Just wanted to share some tips so that people might find them when they run into problems and search for them.

Running the JTS setup with LDAP getting the error "the user could not be created"

This error was in our case caused by the LDAP user we were logged in with to not be in the direct root of the AD. So if your ldap starts its search at users.company.com - this is where your admin user needs to be. not in say us.users.company.com

Problems logging in to a newly added application in your clm setup?

If you are adding for instance CCM to an upgrade of RQM (or any other combination) and you are using ldap for authentication then you will have a problem accessing the new applications setup url - you can simply not authenticate - this is because the new application is by default configured for tomcat where as your existing apps and jts uses ldap. To fix this you need to manually edit the web.xml of your new application to contain the ldap group mappings - compare this with your existing applications to find the correct values.

Integration with CQ
- here you need to run the repotools -migrateCmLinks
You also need to deploy the oscl package to your CQ schema and finally you need to remove the old friend from your app and add it with the new oslc path and redo all your project mappings.
You may also get an error when you access a dashboard that needs to be migrated - you can continue and ignore this error(this means you will no longer have CQ stuff on your dashboard) but you can manually add the widgets to each project.

Setting up datawarehouse:
All applications CCM, RM and JTS should use the same datawarehouse database. Using SQL server something interesting happens here - you need to specify a table space folder which you for some reason only need to do for the datawarehouse database and not for the applications. In this case the only thing I could get working was to create a folder in a random place on the database server and use this value so for instance D:\jazztablespace - remember to create the folder your self.
Notice that dw user is created if it does not exist. If you use LDAP you should use an existing user(a tech user not your admin) as dw user and notice that the user needs the JazzAdmins role and some kind of license.

Public uri's:

When you upgrade your server you get the option of changing the public uri - which you can actually not do because it would screw up all internal linkings between workitems. so for an existing application use the same URI. However for JTS and new applications its a good idea to create a dns forwarding the server where you install them so that you may move the applications later on. Say you install all applications on a single server but in future you want to move them seperately - to do that you need to use something like

jts.company.com/jts
ccm.company.com/ccm
myserver/jazz (in this case an upgraded rqm that can never be moved away from myserver)

Widgets and reports not deployed:

When you upgrade your server the new version of the server has a number of report templates available for reports and widgets in dahsboards. However these needs to be manually deployed to each project area - so you need to use the rtc eclipse client and go to the reports folder of your project area and right click ->deploy new templates. This is the case for both RTC and RQM though you would normally not use RTC clients for RQM.

19 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Aug 10 '11, 4:02 a.m.
Unable to add reqpro requirements to testcases or test plans after upgrade?

If you have problems adding requirements to your RQM artifacts after the upgrade this can be caused by an access problem. There may simply not be any icons available to add them if you dont have the right permission.

Go to the page where you administrate your project area.
Click the Tab permissions - in here you will find the roles defined under the roles tab and for each role there is a number of permissions. Assign the permission to add, save, delete requirements the a role your user has assigned (forinstance test manager). You may need to log out and log back in for the change to take effect.
If you dont have a requirements section add all on your test case or test plan there is a button available in the top left corner of the test plan where you can Manage Sections. Here you can add requirements and requirements links sections.
Notice also on page where you administrate your project area that there is a tab for requisite pro projects - in our case all requisite projects was linked to all projects - this should afcource be reduced to only the projects that makes sence.

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Aug 16 '11, 4:47 a.m.
Installation Manager 1.4.4 displays a strange language

Just wanted to add this to the post because many people have asked me now.
when you upgrade IM to version 1.4.4 you can risk that it starts up in a language totally unreadable to you. This is described in a technote and is due the the fact that not all languages have been included. So if you used to have a say Danish install then your IM will start up in Greek.
The workaround is simple:

Edit the file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse\configuration\config.ini

add
osgi.nl=en_US

and save the file.

restart Installation Manager and it will now use English for language setting.

permanent link
Anders Truelsen (16212020) | answered Dec 16 '11, 4:15 a.m.
Hi All,

All applications CCM, RM and JTS should use the same datawarehouse database. Using SQL server something interesting happens here - you need to specify a table space folder which you for some reason only need to do for the datawarehouse database and not for the applications. In this case the only thing I could get working was to create a folder in a random place on the database server and use this value so for instance D:\jazztablespace - remember to create the folder your self.
Notice that dw user is created if it does not exist. If you use LDAP you should use an existing user(a tech user not your admin) as dw user and notice that the user needs the JazzAdmins role and some kind of license.

I have trouble getting my dw right in newly installed 3.0.1 server.
I'm using LDAP and have a service account that is member of the JazzAdmins group and has the Data Collector license assigned. Nevertheless all collection jobs fail with nothing left in the ccm-etl.log to help me troubleshoot it.

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Dec 16 '11, 6:10 a.m.
Hi All,

I have trouble getting my dw right in newly installed 3.0.1 server.
I'm using LDAP and have a service account that is member of the JazzAdmins group and has the Data Collector license assigned. Nevertheless all collection jobs fail with nothing left in the ccm-etl.log to help me troubleshoot it.

Hej Anders - Laver i ulykker deroppe ? :-)

I don't know if you did this allredy but when you use the /setup to specify your datawarehouse and user to run it the app checks the credentials and the database - if its empty then it will create all the database tables which is ofcourse nessesary to run the jobs - I'm just guessing here but maybe you changed the DW db in the properties after your installation and so no tables were created ?

permanent link
Anders Truelsen (16212020) | answered Dec 16 '11, 6:34 a.m.

Hej Anders - Laver i ulykker deroppe ? :-)

I don't know if you did this allredy but when you use the /setup to specify your datawarehouse and user to run it the app checks the credentials and the database - if its empty then it will create all the database tables which is ofcourse nessesary to run the jobs - I'm just guessing here but maybe you changed the DW db in the properties after your installation and so no tables were created ?

Hi Kim :-)
I did go trough the setup wizard to have the tables created properly.
Should I do anything to enable logging?

permanent link
Anders Truelsen (16212020) | answered Dec 16 '11, 7:53 a.m.

Just for the fun of it (not really) I deployed a new server instance, specifying the proper dw collector account in the first place and that seems to work nicely. Wiping my production server isn't really that attractive an alternative.

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Dec 16 '11, 9:05 a.m.

Just for the fun of it (not really) I deployed a new server instance, specifying the proper dw collector account in the first place and that seems to work nicely. Wiping my production server isn't really that attractive an alternative.

Well you can walk through the setup as many times as you like on your production server without anything changing - but perhaps it would work there too if you try it like on your new instance. And remeber to run the setup complete so it actually writes your changes. And the setup you run should be the jts/setup so that it takes you through all applications. Hope you get it all working if not try with a new db and if that doesnt work either I think the best solution would be to call support. Good luck :-)

permanent link
Anders Truelsen (16212020) | answered Dec 19 '11, 6:52 a.m.

Well you can walk through the setup as many times as you like on your production server without anything changing - but perhaps it would work there too if you try it like on your new instance. And remeber to run the setup complete so it actually writes your changes. And the setup you run should be the jts/setup so that it takes you through all applications. Hope you get it all working if not try with a new db and if that doesnt work either I think the best solution would be to call support. Good luck :-)

Got it!
I was tricked by the fact that userbase in the realm in server.xml needed special attention to authenticate my service account since import and authentication are configured separately :-/

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Dec 19 '11, 7:14 a.m.

Got it!
I was tricked by the fact that userbase in the realm in server.xml needed special attention to authenticate my service account since import and authentication are configured separately :-/

Oh I thought the main part of your system and authentication allready worked? I thought it was only DW jobs that didn't run. But what you are saying is that your service user couldnt authenticate at all, right ? (due to the problem in your realm in server.xml).
Anyway glad you got it working.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.