It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modified Date and History do not match

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Aug 02 '11, 7:40 p.m.
I tried to review work items that had not changed in a certain period and discover the following stats:

45 work items Modified Date before (including) July 31 (earliest listed date is Jun 24 2011)
704 work items Modified Date is Aug 1 2011
3440 work items modified date is Aug 2 2011 (today!)

There is no way 3440 work items were updated today and there are some items with last history entry of several months ago. How is this possible? How can I use the last date listed in History for queries?

http://www.madmartian.com/special/ModifiedMismatch4.jpg

5 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 03 '11, 6:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

I would suggest to add the modification date to the query results to check if your query works right. I tried that with a production system and I did not find any mismatches in what was displayed. I queried for modification date after and before in an AND clause.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Aug 03 '11, 12:00 p.m.
Hi Mike,

I would suggest to add the modification date to the query results to check if your query works right.

I did. You might need to scroll to the right in my screen cap to see the Modified Date column.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Aug 03 '11, 12:12 p.m.
I removed a couple columns in the original post so you can see it without scrolling.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 03 '11, 12:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I removed a couple columns in the original post so you can see it without scrolling.

Hi Mike,
now I see. Still in 3.0.1 it worked for me. can you send a screen shot of your query? Either it is wrong or it is not working for you. It worked for me though.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Aug 03 '11, 12:57 p.m.
We're stuck on 2.0.0.2 ifix5. I did find a possible cause of the Modified Date change, but it doesn't explain why it doesn't match the History and it doesn't explain why 45 were not modified in the same manner. We ran a "repotools -verify" on Aug 1. Since our server is in Singapore, if the operation spanned midnight in Singapore that could explain some being marked Aug1 and some being marked Aug 2. Still, history doesn't match and 45 items have earlier modified dates. And why would a verify cause a Modified Date change? In any case, we need to be able to query based on the date of the last change listed in History.

http://www.madmartian.com/special/ModifiedQuery.jpg

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.