It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

2 cq external connection for CQConnector

mehul Prajapati (18125554) | asked Aug 01 '11, 1:58 p.m.
Is there a way we can have 2 CQConnector external connection ? I have a CQ connector external connection for test schema and prod schema. on test schema i have diff sync rules ( from IBM demo project) and on prod schema i have the sync rules which i want to implement for prod schema. If i need to do a test i need both the connection sync rule to be available side by side so i can have some reference. But currently it seems only one external connection is possible ? any idea ?

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Aug 02 '11, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In a CQ Connector deployment, we only support one external connection, which means there can only be one CQ gateway communicating with one CQ user database. We do not support a deployment of multiple CQ gateways communicating with multiple CQ user databases.

If the test schema has some resemblance to the prod schema and you want to base the sync rules of the prod schema to the test schema's sync rules, then you could export the sync rules of the test schema and import them to the prod schema. If they don't have any resemblance, then you would need two deployments of the CQ Connector to look at the sync rules.

Or another thought would be to have the external repo connection point to the CQ gateway that is communicating with the prod schema.
Then in RTC, create some dummy RTC project area and import the test schema's sync rules there but on the CQ side, you would not create a query folder for that project area so it would not be syncing any CQ records to that dummy project area. Also if you have outgoing sync enabled, make sure the test sync rules don't have any team areas enabled for new connections. This way you can view the test schema's sync rules but they are not active.

I'm assuming you are working with a copy of the prod schema and not testing on an actual production environment.

permanent link
mehul Prajapati (18125554) | answered Aug 02 '11, 1:37 p.m.
Thanks the second options work!!!

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Aug 02 '11, 1:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.