It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 3.0.1 upgrade- FLEX license errors in the JTS log

Ron De Jong (7885) | asked Jul 29 '11, 6:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am just going through the CLM upgrade workshop and after the RTC upgrade, I see these errors in the logfile twice a minute:

2011-07-29 05:54:44,926 [Rational Common Licensing Heartbeat Monitor 1] ERROR com.ibm.rational.common.token.licensing             - 

2011-07-29 05:54:44,942 [Rational Common Licensing Heartbeat Monitor 1] ERROR com.ibm.rational.common.token.licensing - at com.telelogic.licensing.FLEXLicenseControl.LoadLicenseLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.telelogic.licensing.FLEXLicenseControl.ignoreRegistrySettings(Unknown Source)
at com.telelogic.licensing.LicenseControlFactory.ignoreRegistrySettings(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.rational.common.token.licensing.RLSTokenLicenseControl.getLicenseControl(RLSTokenLicenseControl.java:104)
at com.ibm.rational.common.token.licensing.RLSTokenLicenseControl.doHeartbeat(RLSTokenLicenseControl.java:78)
at com.ibm.rational.common.token.licensing.RLSTokenService$RLSTokenLicenseControlHeartBeat.run(RLSTokenService.java:535)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Any idea what could be causing this? Note that everything works as expected.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 04 '11, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ron,

I have seen the errors too. It does not seem to be an issue, just an annoyance. You could check if there is already a work item and create one,if not.

permanent link
Wagner Arnaut (1162714) | answered Mar 23 '12, 10:50 a.m.
Hi Ron,

did you open a Work Item for this issue?

I am facing the same problem with this tag appearing several times on my log. I am not using Token Licenses.

Best Regards.

Wagner Arnaut

Hi Ron,

I have seen the errors too. It does not seem to be an issue, just an annoyance. You could check if there is already a work item and create one,if not.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 23 '12, 10:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I forgot to, please go ahead and submit one if you continue to see this..

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Oct 13 '12, 9:35 a.m.
You will get this error if you migrated from a 32 bit windows server to a 64 bit windows server by accidentally copying the entire <jazzteamserver>/server/conf directory to the new 64 bit server. This is because the conf directory contains sites, provision profiles, and repotools folders in each application that contain compiled binaries that are platform specific. These compiles binaries get copied into the Tomcat catalina work directory and get all fouled up.

To fix this problem:
  • Stop the server
  • Obtain a clean install of CLM for your platform
  • Manually clean up the conf directory application folders by renaming all sites, provision profiles, and repotools folders to a new name
  • Copy the clean CLM conf directory sites, provision profiles, and repotools into the correct locations
  • Rename the <tomcat>/work directory
  • Create a <tomcat>/work directory
  • Start the server
  • Yell at IBM to stop putting non-configuration items in the conf directory!

You should be all fixed up :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.