It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Templates error/warning

Phillip Piper (15812524) | asked Jul 28 '11, 11:32 p.m.
I extracted a process template from a project area on a source 3.0 iFix 1 server which I need to use to essentially re-create the exact same project area on a new 3.0.1 server. When I create the project area though I get an "Error creating reports" message like this:
Problem
Could not find report /micro/Micro JUnit Failures.rptdesign

Reason
Deploys some pre-defined reports to the project area.

It seems that two report templates on the source server can't be created on the target server in the project area. It almost looks like there is a file missing in the path from the message. I admittedly don't know much about the report templates but is there something I need to export and move as well that I am missing?

3 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 03 '11, 1:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The template may have been renamed. I will get back to you with the proper template name and how to fix this.

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Sep 10 '11, 4:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know your real requirement. But if you want to use 3.0.1 server and want to keep all the data from the old server, you can use repotools to migrate the whole DB from 3.0 to 3.0.1. After migration, all the project areas in the 3.0 server will be re-created in the 3.0.1 server.

permanent link
Phillip Piper (15812524) | answered Oct 17 '11, 1:22 p.m.
I don't know your real requirement. But if you want to use 3.0.1 server and want to keep all the data from the old server, you can use repotools to migrate the whole DB from 3.0 to 3.0.1. After migration, all the project areas in the 3.0 server will be re-created in the 3.0.1 server.

Thanks. We found that after the migration we didn't need this after all but maybe someone else has a similar situation so if the template was renamed, please let us know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.