It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ranking Problem - "enumValue is null"

Pietro Mazzoleni (461110) | asked Jul 27 '11, 5:06 p.m.
Hi,
I have a customized RTC (V2.0.0.2) Template and everything seems ok. When I open the project from the Plan View (on the web), the task underneath are not ranked (as expected).
However, when I try to re-order those tasks (by simply drag and drop) the following message appears: "enumValue is null" and the re-ordering fails.

Parent/Children relations works (from drag and drop) and I can associate Blocks/Depends on/Children/parent from the workitem view

What doesn't work is ranking!!!

Thanks really a lot. This problem is now critical to our project.
Pietro

One answer

permanent link
Pietro Mazzoleni (461110) | answered Jul 27 '11, 5:29 p.m.
Hi,
As soon as I posted my question to this forum (which happened after few hours struggling with the problem), I was able to find the solution

The problem was due to the fact my template didn't have a default value for "Priority" (which was used for Ranking). javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

To fix the problem, assign a default value to the "enumeration" Priority (or the one you specify for ranking) and try again.

NOTE: After you change the template you need to create NEW tasks..as the old ones (created before the template was changed) won't have the default value and therefore the drag&drop will continue to fail.

I hope it help any of you out there.
Cheers
Pietro

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.