It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Modifying RTC build label

Michael Hart (1166) | asked Jul 26 '11, 2:12 a.m.
closed Nov 13 '16, 6:13 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi,
I wish to modify the build label which gets generated whenever a build is requested from a build definition.
I'm fully aware, and have been able to, use the Ant "startBuildActivity" to specify a completely custom buildLabel, however the JBE seems to perform this step by itself, disallowing me from invoking an Ant script with this startBuildActivity to override the buildLabel.

It is not sufficient for me to add "buildLabelPrefix", I would like a suffix to perform more granular builds i.e. have seconds appended to the build label.

Is there no flag or property I can override when requesting builds from RTC?

Thanks.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Nov 13 '16, 6:13 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 26 '11, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I wish to modify the build label which gets generated whenever a build is requested from a build definition.
I'm fully aware, and have been able to, use the Ant "startBuildActivity" to specify a completely custom buildLabel, however the JBE seems to perform this step by itself, disallowing me from invoking an Ant script with this startBuildActivity to override the buildLabel.

It is not sufficient for me to add "buildLabelPrefix", I would like a suffix to perform more granular builds i.e. have seconds appended to the build label.

Is there no flag or property I can override when requesting builds from RTC?

Thanks.

Hi,

There is currently an open enhancement request 113599: Support property to specify build label format for this feature. The first comment in this defect contains a workaround by using the buildResultPublisher Ant task.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
kiren sk (1527) | answered Nov 12 '16, 3:35 p.m.

One of the solution may be  to have a two step build procedure.

Step 1 shall set the buildLabel format using a counter or how ever programatically, 
then invoke  step2 with buildLabel property overwritten,