It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Express-C: Free for commercial use or not

Marc Schlegel (61) | asked Jun 15 '08, 6:18 p.m.
Hello Everyone.

I stumbled upon Jazz and it looks great, but I am not sure about the license right now. So, is the Express-C version free for commercial use?

I am thinking of starting a business with some friends within the next years and it would be great to have such a tool at hand to start wirking with.

regards
-- Marc

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 18 '08, 8:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Forgot to add there is a nice explanation of licensing here:

https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/tech-notes/rational-team-concert-1_0-licensing-and-editions/index.html

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 16 '08, 6:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marco

Express-C is free and you get three (3) free developer licenses. My understanding is that to add more developers to Express-C, you buy additional developer licenses but still don't have to pay for the server.

You pay for Express but also get three developer licenses when you buy Express.

I don't think there has been any official announcement of prices, but that should be released soon (given a 30th June release date)

anthony

permanent link
Marc Schlegel (61) | answered Jun 16 '08, 5:02 p.m.
Thanks.

I hoped that the mentioned 10 user would be available, cause I dont see any sense of using Express-C, when I can have a better system in the Express with the same 3 licenses?

Or is the pricing different? I've read somewhere that one Express-License is about $1200. Is it the same for Express-C?

permanent link
Kartik Kanakasabesan (20112) | answered Jun 16 '08, 8:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Macro,
Express-C is a free version with 3 developer licenses in it. So you can start your business with 3 developers and go through the appropriate IBM channel as you grow from there.

Regards,
Kartik

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.