It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define precondition of deliver operation

Gavin Yuan (61) | asked Jul 19 '11, 4:13 a.m.
(1)I would like to define a precondition of deliver(client) operation, just like 'Prohibit Workspace Errors', in order to do something before running deliver action. How should I do?
Should we write some code only at client side or both at client and server sides? How to do? What's the extension point?

(2)What's the deference between deliver(client) and deliver(server) in the Project Area->Process Configuration page ?

Any idea or information related are welcome! Thank you very much!
My Email: ygqy@cn.ibm.com

3 answers

permanent link
Gavin Yuan (61) | answered Jul 25 '11, 5:07 a.m.
Thank you very much for your good information.
I have solved the issue.The 'operation id' should be 'com.ibm.team.scm.client.deliver' when define a precondition of deliver operation at client side, while should be 'com.ibm.team.scm.server.deliver' when at server side. Thanks for your good information.

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered Jul 24 '11, 11:04 p.m.
(1)I would like to define a precondition of deliver(client) operation, just like 'Prohibit Workspace Errors', in order to do something before running deliver action. How should I do?
Should we write some code only at client side or both at client and server sides? How to do? What's the extension point?

(2)What's the deference between deliver(client) and deliver(server) in the Project Area->Process Configuration page ?

Any idea or information related are welcome! Thank you very much!
My Email: ygqy@cn.ibm.com

There is a wiki topic here that would be helpful-
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/PreconditionFollowupCreation

permanent link
Eduardo Bello (4401922) | answered Jul 19 '11, 2:53 p.m.
Hi,

First you need to analyze what conditions you want to check. Both client and server advisors run before the actual deliver, so you can cancel the delivery on both.

I think that if you will only check client aspects (compilation issues, workspaces stuff, or in general, things that you can check without a server connection), then you can use client advisor.

But in most cases, the ideal to is tu use a server advisor. So you can check aspects of WorkItem, Repository, User, Server and much more...

In order to develop it, you can use the extension point: com.ibm.team.process.service.operationAdvisors

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.