It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions regarding installation

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Jul 15 '11, 3:21 p.m.
In the following link to setup Oracle database: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_oracle.html

In step6, it says this:
The following steps, including modifying the teamserver.properties file can automatically be done by following the steps in Running the setup wizard.

1. Does it include step 7 and 8? So if I don't do step 7 & 8, the Setup Wizard will do them?

2. Step 8 doesn't create dataware housing tables. So I created them using the same way. However, when I try to create tables during setup, I got an error with no meaningful message. In both teamserver.properties file for JTS and CCM, I pointed to the same DW_USR.

3. During WAS security user/group mapping, I mapped 5 users and groups, but after everything is done, when I login Jazz, I only see JazzAdmin, no JazzUser, JazzProjectAdmin and JazzGuest users. Why?

Thanks
Jirong

2 answers

permanent link
Andy Wong (3133) | answered Jul 15 '11, 9:39 p.m.
1. Does it include step 7 and 8? So if I don't do step 7 & 8, the Setup Wizard will do them?

>>Yes, if you use the Wizard, and complete it, it does it for you.

2. Step 8 doesn't create dataware housing tables. So I created them using the same way. However, when I try to create tables during setup, I got an error with no meaningful message. In both teamserver.properties file for JTS and CCM, I pointed to the same DW_USR.

>> You should not needed to do this, the Wizard will do this also.

3. During WAS security user/group mapping, I mapped 5 users and groups, but after everything is done, when I login Jazz, I only see JazzAdmin, no JazzUser, JazzProjectAdmin and JazzGuest users. Why?

>> You needed to import the users into Jazz Repository, via https://HostName:9443/jts/admin and import them, the reason that JazzAdmin appear, is because when you doing the Wizard setup, you already specify this user to be imported.

Andy

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Jul 17 '11, 11:38 a.m.

>> You should not needed to do this, the Wizard will do this also.

I got the following error when try to create the DW tables from setup:

An error occurred while creating data warehouse tables. Please try again.ID CRJAZ1745Ehide details
The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CREATE TABLESPACE VNF_IDX LOGGING DATAFILE 'C:/app/Administrator/oradata/orcl/VNF_IDX_1.ora' SIZE 200M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 50M MAXSIZE UNLIMITED EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.internalExecuteSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:229) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.executeSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:93) at

>> You needed to import the users into Jazz Repository, via https://HostName:9443/jts/admin and import them, the reason that JazzAdmin appear, is because when you doing the Wizard setup, you already specify this user to be imported.

Andy

In 3, when I click Import, Search, I can see both Users and Groups and import them (I mean I can import groups as well, why?) and I got an error like this: Problem fetching user roles: CRJAZ0738I Error fetching groups for user.ID CRJAZ1527E, for imported users.

Thanks again.
Jirong

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.