It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 - Dependency Builds - Trust Outputs flag

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Jul 12 '11, 8:09 a.m.
I have not been able to find an explanation of the "Trust build outputs" flag on the "Dependency Build" tab - can someone explain why it exists and the implications of setting "On or Off". Build definitions created via a project template always set the flag to "On"

3 answers

permanent link
Gayathri Vikraman (661129) | answered Jul 12 '11, 1:16 p.m.
Hi

In RTC the field 'Estimate' will change the hours to days automatically as defined in the Work Environment. I do not want this automatic transformation of hours to days by RTC. How can I make this happen?

An example of my doubt - In the Work Environment I set the Work Time per day as 8, and in the Estimate field I entered 10 hours and on a save of the Work Item RTC transform 10 hours to 1 day and 2 hours. I do not want this to happen. 10 hours should remain ans 10 hours even after a save of WI.

permanent link
Donald Poulin (2249119107) | answered Jul 12 '11, 12:35 p.m.
Hi

The 'Trust build outputs' flag was a performance enhancement we added for 3.0.1. I just checked the doc and could not find anything written about it either... I have contacted out doc team to get this sorted out.

By ticking that check box what you are telling us is that you promise that you will not mess with the build output we produce.... i.e you will not move, delete, edit anything we produce. Part of our processing when figuring out what needs to be build during a dependency based build involves interrogating the build output form the previous build. This is an expensive exercise. If you tell us you are not messing with the output then we don't do any of this expensive checking. This results in a significant improvement in the build performance.

This is a gentlemans agreement ... if you tell us you are not messing with the output and then you break the agreement and do mess with it... then all bets are off.

Guy

Thanks

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Jul 12 '11, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

The 'Trust build outputs' flag was a performance enhancement we added for 3.0.1. I just checked the doc and could not find anything written about it either... I have contacted out doc team to get this sorted out.

By ticking that check box what you are telling us is that you promise that you will not mess with the build output we produce.... i.e you will not move, delete, edit anything we produce. Part of our processing when figuring out what needs to be build during a dependency based build involves interrogating the build output form the previous build. This is an expensive exercise. If you tell us you are not messing with the output then we don't do any of this expensive checking. This results in a significant improvement in the build performance.

This is a gentlemans agreement ... if you tell us you are not messing with the output and then you break the agreement and do mess with it... then all bets are off.

Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.