It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting data of time sheet with BIRT

Rice Well (30622723) | asked Jul 08 '11, 6:03 a.m.
Hi,

I have a question about report of BIRT.
I want to create a report which reports data of time sheet of workitem.
Amount of time in time sheet of each user etc.

Are there any good documents or articles I can refer to how to do that?
Or can I get any suggestions here?

13 answers

permanent link
Uriel Petasny (611) | answered Feb 29 '12, 12:51 p.m.
Hi everyone,

I need to create a report which shows the time each member worked on each workitem.

I am using RTC 3.0.1 and I had installed BIRT, but .I dont have any idea how to use it.

Which snapshot, table and parameters do I have to add to the report?

If you can, send me a "step by step" instruction to do it or to guide me.

Thanks in advance,

Uriel

permanent link
Swathi Nulu (2621) | answered Feb 20 '12, 8:12 a.m.
Currently the timesheet data does not get pushed to the RIODS schema. This is under consideration in future releases.

Hi Rafik,
Thanks a lot for your updates.But How ,I would be create "Userwise Resource Utilization Report "?Is there any way to achieve this ?

Thank You In Advance

With Regards,
Swathi N

Hi Swathi

Are you expecting report in following format -

Task Details, Resource Name, Total efforts

Regards
Milind Bagul

Hi Milind,

Thank You for Your response.Yes ,you are right .We are looking for that type of reports only and reports in the below format also

Time Code, Resource Name, Total efforts

Thank You In Advance

With Regards,
Swathi N

permanent link
milind bagul (6) | answered Feb 20 '12, 6:25 a.m.
Currently the timesheet data does not get pushed to the RIODS schema. This is under consideration in future releases.

Hi Rafik,
Thanks a lot for your updates.But How ,I would be create "Userwise Resource Utilization Report "?Is there any way to achieve this ?

Thank You In Advance

With Regards,
Swathi N

Hi Swathi

Are you expecting report in following format -

Task Details, Resource Name, Total efforts

Regards
Milind Bagul

permanent link
Swathi Nulu (2621) | answered Feb 20 '12, 1:47 a.m.

Hi Rafik,

Thank You In Advance

With Regards,
Swathi N

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 18 '12, 8:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Swathi Nulu (2621) | answered Feb 15 '12, 9:43 a.m.
Hi,

Timesheet data from RTc database is not get populated into Rational Insight dataware house

We have integrated RTC 3.0.1.1 and Rational Insight 1.0.1.1 and it get succeeded .We were running the following Job from datamanger to populate the data into RIDW.

We have duplicated the following job from CLM3.0.1_ALL job and deleted RQM nad RRC related jobs as our requirement is only to connect to Rational Team Concert .

JFS_ODS3.0.1_Deltaload-->RTC_ODS3.0.1_Deltaload--->Build_Star

We were able to see the data related to "workitems ,project areas and teamareas" .But we could not find the data
related to "Timesheet" entry .

Below are tables we re referring to verify the data in RIDW database for Timesheet data

TIMESHEET (RIODS schema) and TIMESHEET_TIMECODE_LOOKUP(RIODS schema)

Note:We are sure that we have some timesheet related data in our RTC database
Do we need to run any other jobs apart from the above job or we need to design our customized jobs ?

Please help us on this issue.

Thank You In Advance

With Regards,
Swathi N

permanent link
Frederico Santiago (26) | answered Oct 11 '11, 4:03 p.m.
I have noticed a strange behavior at BIRT dataset.
I have created a new work item. At timetrack I have informed a few spent hours in a day, for example, thursday.
When I generate the report at BIRT, it shows the correct results.

However, when I set spent hours for another day, the report shows these hours for the previous day I have informed.

For example, I have only informed 8 hours at thursday. The report is correct.
After, I have informed 8 hours for tuesday. The report shows these 8 hours in monday.

I have checked the dataset and I have confirmed that the date is always the date minus one.

I cant figure why this is happening.

Thank you.

James,

I'm using com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry to get workitens timesheet data. I used com.ibm.team.links.AuditableLink passing com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.timeSheetEntry as a parameter in the field "name" of this table. I did that to link workitem table with timeSheetEntry.

I created a JoinDataSet using these two tables and I got the correct rows. However I dont know which field represents "Calendar Date" of the timeSheetEntry.

In the table timeSheetEntry we have the Date fields listed below:

- creationDate
- startDate

The first one represents the first time that a DataSheet record is saved. So I cant use that.
Then I thought that the second field could represent the calendar date of the timesheetentry. In some cases it works well but sometimes something strange happens. The saved data, at startDate field, do not represent the date that appears on screen when I look at time sheet tracking.

Do you know which field I can use or if there is any other way to get this information?

Thank you

Frederico Gil

This should be possible for BIRT using LIVE_SNAPSHOT, but it is unsupported; your mileage may vary. Note the link between the timesheetentry and the workitem is contained in the LINKS view in the COMMON_SNAPSHOT.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Rafik,

I thought this was just missing from the CLM DW, but still in the Data Mart. Is this data not in the LIVE_SNAPSHOT table com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry ?

-Sean

permanent link
Frederico Santiago (26) | answered Oct 11 '11, 1:56 p.m.
James,

I'm using com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry to get workitens timesheet data. I used com.ibm.team.links.AuditableLink passing com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.timeSheetEntry as a parameter in the field "name" of this table. I did that to link workitem table with timeSheetEntry.

I created a JoinDataSet using these two tables and I got the correct rows. However I dont know which field represents "Calendar Date" of the timeSheetEntry.

In the table timeSheetEntry we have the Date fields listed below:

- creationDate
- startDate

The first one represents the first time that a DataSheet record is saved. So I cant use that.
Then I thought that the second field could represent the calendar date of the timesheetentry. In some cases it works well but sometimes something strange happens. The saved data, at startDate field, do not represent the date that appears on screen when I look at time sheet tracking.

Do you know which field I can use or if there is any other way to get this information?

Thank you

Frederico Gil

This should be possible for BIRT using LIVE_SNAPSHOT, but it is unsupported; your mileage may vary. Note the link between the timesheetentry and the workitem is contained in the LINKS view in the COMMON_SNAPSHOT.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Rafik,

I thought this was just missing from the CLM DW, but still in the Data Mart. Is this data not in the LIVE_SNAPSHOT table com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry ?

-Sean

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511285124) | answered Oct 05 '11, 12:22 p.m.
Hi

I have made some reports with the timesheet, but in RTC 3.0 versions.
You have the right table, now link it with your requirement.

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Oct 05 '11, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Rafik,

-Sean

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.