It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem installing RTC 3.0.1 on RDz

Carmelo Merino (931313) | asked Jul 07 '11, 5:09 a.m.
Sorry it this isn't the right forum, but I've posted that on other one and got no answer:

We have a problem trying to install RTC on RDz. We have RDz 8.0.2 already installed and want to integrate RTC 3.0.1. Our Installation Manager is 1.4.4.

I have followed the instructions: first I have installed the RTC client using the launchpad. I selected the same package group as the RDz client and had no problems at all. But after the installation was finished, I started the IM and didn't have any new available installation package. Where can I find the Integration feature?

5 answers

permanent link
Carmelo Merino (931313) | answered Jul 12 '11, 4:46 a.m.
Thank you Guy and Bruce for your help!

We've solved the problem, it lay in a restricted installation of RDz. I had to ask for permission to get a complete RDz Installation Image and now it works. Thank you all for your help!

permanent link
Bruce Green (30124) | answered Jul 08 '11, 2:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you continue to have problems, run :

Start Programs->IBM Installation Manager->View Installed Packages and capture that output to a file and send to Guy or myself via email (you can get email addresses from the profile).

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Jul 08 '11, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

You can see if it is installed already by going the the remove option of IM and seeing if 'IBM Rational Team Concert Integration' i one of the listed installed packages.
If it is not installed then, as Bruce says, it is shipped with the RDz product, if you start IM and select Install (not modify) then it should appear as one of the available packages to be installed.

Guy

permanent link
Carmelo Merino (931313) | answered Jul 07 '11, 11:36 a.m.
Yes, I've tried it, but I haven't found anything. I've read that it should be installed after the RTC installation, but is it possible that I had installed it already, when I first installed RDz?

permanent link
Bruce Green (30124) | answered Jul 07 '11, 11:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry it this isn't the right forum, but I've posted that on other one and got no answer:

We have a problem trying to install RTC on RDz. We have RDz 8.0.2 already installed and want to integrate RTC 3.0.1. Our Installation Manager is 1.4.4.

I have followed the instructions: first I have installed the RTC client using the launchpad. I selected the same package group as the RDz client and had no problems at all. But after the installation was finished, I started the IM and didn't have any new available installation package. Where can I find the Integration feature?

The Integration feature is actually delivered with RDz and therefore associated with the RDz IM Install - can you try "Modifying" that package group and adding the Integration Feature under RDz?

Thanks
Bruce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.