It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Only install RTC 3.0.1

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Jul 03 '11, 10:49 a.m.
I am trying to install only RTC 3.0.1 and when I go through the setup is it prompting me for information about the other calm components. Like registering those applications and setting up their database. It also appears that the binaries, .war files are also installed.

I followed the directions in the command line silent installation. I changed, per docs, the silent-install-server.xml to remove the calm components I didn't want.

Any ideas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 04 '11, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert,

I believe you are right. However, if you get them displayed in the registration they are physically installed and found during the file system search.

You could also search the conf/rm conf/qm folders and the qm.war and rm.war and would see them deployed in the server log. I am not sure what is wrong. Assuming you checked that you indeed could save the file changes for the silent install files and provided the path to the changed local files this would be an issue with the installer.
Robert Carter selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 04 '11, 9:51 a.m.
I am trying to install only RTC 3.0.1 and when I go through the setup is it prompting me for information about the other calm components. Like registering those applications and setting up their database. It also appears that the binaries, .war files are also installed.

I followed the directions in the command line silent installation. I changed, per docs, the silent-install-server.xml to remove the calm components I didn't want.

Any ideas?

Robert,

this is due to the fact that the default setup installs all other applications as well. Going to the IM you can deselect the applications you don't want and create a response file for this case.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 04 '11, 9:53 a.m.
Otherwise you will have to remove the rm and qm war file and potentially the related rm and qm folder in the conf folder. I would suggest to deselect the rm and qm application during installation.

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered Jul 04 '11, 11:45 a.m.
Otherwise you will have to remove the rm and qm war file and potentially the related rm and qm folder in the conf folder. I would suggest to deselect the rm and qm application during installation.

This is a headless server silent install form the command line. I followed the following instructions:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_command-line_installation.html

Specifically:

The silent-install-server2.xml response file installs Jazz Team Server by using the default installation Manager installation location for the platform.

Using command:
./installc -acceptLicense -showVerboseProgress -input silent-install-server2.xml --launcher.ini silent-install.ini

To remove an application from being installed, search for the following line and remove the application from the comma-separated feature list. For example if you do not want to install Rational Quality Manager, remove "rqm" from the list:

<offering>

I removed rdm and rqm from the list.

Shouldn't this only install JTS, RTC and Tomcat components?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.