It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Validate Public URI Root

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Jul 02 '11, 9:16 a.m.
I am diagnosing an error during the install where the setup wizard cannot validate the PUBLIC URI Root.

Does the setup wizard validate the public URI root using a DNS lookup like nslookup command would?

I thought I could fake it by editing my /etc/hosts file on the server and clients that are connecting to the server. Since this is a demo installation and the URI root is really not public.

I noticed if I use the IP address it just gives me a warning and not an error so I can continue with the install. But I suspect it is not do a lookup.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 04 '11, 3:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am diagnosing an error during the install where the setup wizard cannot validate the PUBLIC URI Root.

Does the setup wizard validate the public URI root using a DNS lookup like nslookup command would?

I thought I could fake it by editing my /etc/hosts file on the server and clients that are connecting to the server. Since this is a demo installation and the URI root is really not public.

I noticed if I use the IP address it just gives me a warning and not an error so I can continue with the install. But I suspect it is not do a lookup.

Robert, how does the public URI root look like and what does the error say? As far as I know the diagnostic program tries to find out if the URI root is fully qualified e.g. looks like my.qualified.host.name and tries contacting the application using this URI. The hosts trick would typically work, I use that every day. If you had placed an alias in DNS that would also work because the connection could be created. I suspect there is an illegal character somewhere in the logical host name.

Using the IP address is not a good option, especially if it is dynamically requested. Please consult the help about the URI root requirements.

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered Jul 04 '11, 12:30 p.m.

Robert, how does the public URI root look like and what does the error say? As far as I know the diagnostic program tries to find out if the URI root is fully qualified e.g. looks like my.qualified.host.name and tries contacting the application using this URI. The hosts trick would typically work, I use that every day. If you had placed an alias in DNS that would also work because the connection could be created. I suspect there is an illegal character somewhere in the logical host name.

Using the IP address is not a good option, especially if it is dynamically requested. Please consult the help about the URI root requirements.

I did a reinstall and it seems to be working now. Go figure. The host name I was using is, https://jazz3.acs-company.com.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 05 '11, 1:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I did a reinstall and it seems to be working now. Go figure. The host name I was using is, https://jazz3.acs-company.com.

I am glad you are up and running now. Would be interesting to understand what the difference was.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.