It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running a macro after generating a custom RPE document

Christopher McKay (2687) | asked Jul 02 '11, 12:42 a.m.
Hello,

I know you can store custom IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) document templates on a server running IBM Rational Requirements Composer (RRC) 3.0.1 (RC5). Is there a way to configure RRC's wizard to launch a Microsoft Word "macro" after a custom RPE document is generated from RRC? An example of a macro to run afterward could be to update the document's table of contents, resize all tables to 100%, etc.

FYI, this is easy to do from an IBM Rational Publishing Engine 1.1.2 client. I can run my RPE .dsx file and run a Microsoft Word macro afterwards. My challenge though is to find a way to do this with the RPE document template stored on the RRC server.

Thank you for your advice!

Kind Regards,
Chris

One answer

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Jul 04 '11, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris,
This is not supported currently on RRC 3.0.1, I filled an enhancement request to add support for the Word Macros while generation the reports from RRC.

Comments
June Boston commented May 07 '14, 11:46 a.m.

I'm having some trouble finding your enhancement request.  Has this functionality been added in these intervening years? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.