It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Complete syntax for .jazzignore file

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Jun 28 '11, 3:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Where can I find the complete syntax for the .jazzignore file? The online help shows you can specify a value for core.global.ignore but I know there are other values that can be specified for core.ignore and core.ignore.recursive. What other options are there?

2 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jun 29 '11, 5:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe the syntax is documented anywhere other than the header of the .jazzignore file.

In a nutshell:
  • patterns listed in core.ignore are ignored in the same directory that the .jazzignore file appears in.
  • patterns listed in core.ignore.recursive are ignored in the current directory and all subdirectories.
  • each list of patterns consists of zero or more patterns separated by white space.
  • each pattern should appear in curly brackets.
  • characters can be escaped with backslashes.
  • the pattern list may be split across lines by ending the line with a backslash, and starting the next line with a tab.

The current comment describing core.ignore.recursive is unnecessarily enigmatic. I've submitted bug 170350 to fix it.

permanent link
stefan szabo (1111) | answered Feb 26 '13, 9:57 a.m.
"core.global.ignore" is from an older version. Make sure you check your version first.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.