It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Integration package RDz for linux failed to instal

Santiago Ortega (61) | asked Jun 27 '11, 3:43 p.m.
Hi, I was trying to install Rational Developer for System z in Linux RedHat and my installer failed to install RTC v3 saying that there were some missing files in my image. So, I installed RDz and downloaded RTC v3.1 serparate and that installed just fine.

My problem now is I have RTC v3.1 and RDz 8, but I need to be able to access files in the jazz repository, and use the RDz Enterprise function. Any idea how to do this? Is there a plugin that I can download for RDz to at least have the jazz source control in RDz?

I tried to install only the Integration package (after all my installations were done), but it requires RTC files, and when I add those even if I have RTC already installed, the installer fails.

2 answers

permanent link
Santiago Ortega (61) | answered Jun 30 '11, 2:48 p.m.
Hi
You post is a little unclear so I'll describe the integration picture between these two products overall and hopefully it will cover your situation. The minimum RDz version you need for RDz/RTC integration is 8.0.1. You should be able to install using shell sharing any version of RDz from 8.0.1 upwards and RTC v3 and upwards. Shell sharing means that you would install the two products into the same IM installation.... you get this option on one of the IM steps. The RTC/RDz integration feature is shipped with the RDz product. To install this feature you must first install RTC. So the two installation scenarios you can have are
1. Install RDz, then install RTC, then using the RDz installer install the integration feature.
2. Install RTC and then install RDz and the integration feature.

If this is not working for you then please post again describing the order in which you did things and the errors being reported.

thanks... Guy

Hi,
Thanks for your replay. I have solved the problem. Here is what happened. When the installer was asking for disk1, I was looking for disk1 under the main RDz DVD, and because of that, the installer was not able to find the files needed for RTC.
So, I went back to search for the RDz DVDs, and I found another DVD that has RTC v3 for RDz. When I found that DVD and I used it, everything worked.

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Jun 30 '11, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
You post is a little unclear so I'll describe the integration picture between these two products overall and hopefully it will cover your situation. The minimum RDz version you need for RDz/RTC integration is 8.0.1. You should be able to install using shell sharing any version of RDz from 8.0.1 upwards and RTC v3 and upwards. Shell sharing means that you would install the two products into the same IM installation.... you get this option on one of the IM steps. The RTC/RDz integration feature is shipped with the RDz product. To install this feature you must first install RTC. So the two installation scenarios you can have are
1. Install RDz, then install RTC, then using the RDz installer install the integration feature.
2. Install RTC and then install RDz and the integration feature.

If this is not working for you then please post again describing the order in which you did things and the errors being reported.

thanks... Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.