It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting a section width on a new work item tab

Linda Gricius (6812122) | asked Jun 27 '11, 10:20 a.m.
I added a new tab to the defect work item and placed a custom attribute on that tab. The attribute value entry box takes up the full width of the section. I read that the width can be set, but I can't find a way to do with within the tool. Does anyone know how to set the section width for a custom tab, displaying a custom attribute.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 27 '11, 12:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I added a new tab to the defect work item and placed a custom attribute on that tab. The attribute value entry box takes up the full width of the section. I read that the width can be set, but I can't find a way to do with within the tool. Does anyone know how to set the section width for a custom tab, displaying a custom attribute.

Hi Linda, this is done using layouts. You can find some article links for reading here: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17608

Please be aware that the layout could be different in the Web UI and the Eclipse UI for the same layout.

You create a tab, add a layout and sections and add the presentations in the section. The sections have rules used for the sizes of presentations within.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.