It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting a section width on a new work item tab

Linda Gricius (6812122) | asked Jun 27 '11, 10:20 a.m.
I added a new tab to the defect work item and placed a custom attribute on that tab. The attribute value entry box takes up the full width of the section. I read that the width can be set, but I can't find a way to do with within the tool. Does anyone know how to set the section width for a custom tab, displaying a custom attribute.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 27 '11, 12:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I added a new tab to the defect work item and placed a custom attribute on that tab. The attribute value entry box takes up the full width of the section. I read that the width can be set, but I can't find a way to do with within the tool. Does anyone know how to set the section width for a custom tab, displaying a custom attribute.

Hi Linda, this is done using layouts. You can find some article links for reading here: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17608

Please be aware that the layout could be different in the Web UI and the Eclipse UI for the same layout.

You create a tab, add a layout and sections and add the presentations in the section. The sections have rules used for the sizes of presentations within.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.