It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

which licence does RTC plan to adopt after release?

jon chen (4611715) | asked Jun 04 '08, 11:18 a.m.
Current, the license is early access license. May I know the final license when RC5 release out? Is it EPL or CPL?

2 answers

permanent link
jon chen (4611715) | answered Jun 04 '08, 1:28 p.m.
I get the article from the website.

It tells RTC is free, if team developers are not more than three.

https://jazz.net/learn/tech-notes/TechNote.jsp?href=data/rational-team-concert-1_0-licensing-and-editions/index.html

permanent link
Adrian Cho (8213322) | answered Jun 11 '08, 6:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi again Jon

What we are using today is an "Early Release" license that's sort of like a beta license. When RTC is made generally available, the license for the GA version (e.g. 1.0) will be a standard IBM license - either a limited-time evaluation license if you are just evaluating it or a warranted commercial license if you have paid for the product. As you've already read, Express-C will be available at no cost.

You asked specifically about EPL or CPL and as you'll see in other thread in which I replied, none of the licenses I described above are open source licenses.

Although 1.0 will be made available as I described above, ongoing development (e.g. for the incubators and the development stream for the next versions, the maintenance streams, etc.) will continue to use the Early Release license.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.