It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

File type does not appear to be recognised

David Davies (20612713) | asked Jun 21 '11, 10:41 a.m.
Hi guys

We are using VS2010 and TC 2.0.0.2. Some of the programmers are creating files with .cshtml extensions but the TC plugin does not seem to recognise that as a text file and so does not allow file compares.

I know how to add file associations in the RAD world, but how do you do it in VS so that the plugin will treat it as a text file and allow compares.

Many thanks

David

One answer

permanent link
Prabodh Mairh (3812) | answered Jun 23 '11, 1:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi guys

We are using VS2010 and TC 2.0.0.2. Some of the programmers are creating files with .cshtml extensions but the TC plugin does not seem to recognise that as a text file and so does not allow file compares.

I know how to add file associations in the RAD world, but how do you do it in VS so that the plugin will treat it as a text file and allow compares.

Many thanks

David

Hi David,
We started supporting VS 2010 starting RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix3 release. Could you tell on which iFix version you got this issue?

In the mean time, I tried this on RTC 2.0.0.2 on VS 2008, and was not able to reproduce the issue. This is the use case I tried - I created a new project and shared. Created manually a new file with .cshtml extension and added some text. Delivered changes. Modified some more text, and double clicked on the file in pending changes view. Am I missing something here?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.