It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Will I regret using custom wiki attribute for description?

Case Taintor (1462116) | asked Jun 16 '11, 5:43 p.m.
I'd really like to have the ability to have a richer description display for all of my work items. I would like to have different font sizes, as well as multiple levels of nested bullets. It seems like the wiki attribute type is what I'm interested in.

If I were to change all of my work items to hide the Description attribute and have the custom Wiki attribute in its place, would I be sorry? Would it mean the quick work item queries wouldn't pick up on the wiki text? I just don't want to do this and find out 2 months down the road that it was a bad idea.

Is anyone else doing this?

2 answers

permanent link
Case Taintor (1462116) | answered Jun 16 '11, 6:22 p.m.
I've been experimenting with wikis, and I have found that ] has the desired effect of creating a link to a work item 9. I'm curious if there's a way for me to get the rollover window treatment using the wiki field.

For example, with normal descriptions or with comments, if I say 'defect 9' it will create a mentions link, as well as make it so that when someone hovers over 'defect 9', it will show a quick-view of the defect.

Is there any way to accomplish this with the wiki attribute?

permanent link
Case Taintor (1462116) | answered Jun 16 '11, 5:48 p.m.
Also, what would be the best way to move all current description data into the new wiki description field?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.