It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does anyone know how to promote (change the owner) a snapshot VIA comand line?

arvey wang (411610) | asked Jun 15 '11, 4:27 a.m.
edited Oct 11 '17, 12:58 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Does anyone know how to promote (change the owner) of a snapshot VIA command line?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 11 '17, 12:57 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 11 '17, 1:26 p.m.

In RTC 2.0 the only way to do this was to use the RTC Eclipse client. You use "Search" --> "Jazz Source Control" --> "Snapshots" then run a query to have the Search view populated with snapshots. Then you can right-click and use a "Promote" action. (Note: in a later RTC release this action was renamed to 'Set Owner...").

In RTC 3.0.1 the ability to change the snapshot owner was introduced.

scm snapshot promote <stream alias/name/uuid> <snapshot alias/name/uuid>

In a later release (RTC 4.0.5 I believe), the terminology of "snapshot promotion" was deprecated (since EE uses the term 'promotion'). Documentation, the CLI and Eclipse/VS actions now refer to this as setting the snapshot owner. Thus the following CLI command was made available to set the snapshot owner.

scm set attr -s <snapshot alias/name/uuid> --ownedby <stream alias/name/uuid>

Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 15 '11, 5:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 11 '17, 12:58 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hi, RTC 3.0.1 provides a snapshot promote command:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_snapshot_promote.html

I am not sure about previous versions.

Comments
Bill Birch commented Jun 16 '11, 9:25 a.m. | edited Oct 11 '17, 12:49 p.m.

Hi, RTC 2 doesn't have this. How can we do this in 2?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 16 '11, 9:46 a.m. | edited Oct 11 '17, 12:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think it is new in 3.0. If the 2.0 help does not have this command the only way to try would be to write something using the Plain Java Client Library.

Sean G Wilbur commented Jun 27 '11, 2:01 p.m. | edited Oct 11 '17, 12:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In RTC 2.x if you find the Snapshots via search or view, right-click and I think there is a Promote option there.

-Sean

Mohsin Shaikh commented Nov 14 '12, 8:37 p.m.

scm snapshot promote -r URI -u <username> -P <password> <stream> <snapshot name>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.