It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ValueSetProvider script in RTC 3.0

Tom Canova (9111) | asked Jun 14 '11, 8:23 p.m.
I think I need to require a jdojo library. I'm trying to write a simple ValueSetProvider script in RTC 3.0. When I followed the examples, which use the javascript shorthand notation of [] to declare an array, I got an error that it couldn't convert. I have also tried using the dojox.collections.ArrayList and I get the same error about not being able to convert. Any ideas?

Here's the dojo class:
dojo.provide("com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet");

dojo.require("com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes");
dojo.require("dojo.string");
dojo.require("dojox.collections.ArrayList");

(function() {

dojo.declare("com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet", null, {
constructor : function() {},
getValueSet : function(attributeId, workItem, configuration) {
var WorkItemAttributes= com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes;
var wiType = workItem.getValue(WorkItemAttributes.TYPE);
//var severityOptions= new java.util.ArrayList();
var severityOptions= new dojox.collections.ArrayList();

if (wiType.indexOf("qc") === -1) {
// QC does not have these 2 options
severityOptions.add("severity.literal.l1"); // Unclassified
severityOptions.add("severity.literal.l5"); // Critical
}
severityOptions.insert(1,"severity.literal.l2"); // Minor
severityOptions.insert(2,"severity.literal.l3"); // Normal
severityOptions.insert(3,"severity.literal.l4"); // Major
severityOptions.insert("severity.literal.l6"); // Blocker
console.log("com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet");
return severityOptions;
}
});
}) ();

And here's the error:
org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: Can only convert instances of 'com.ibm.jdojo.internal.facade.ListScriptType', but got 'org.mozilla.javascript.NativeObject'
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.TypeConversionException.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.internal.DojoScriptTypeConverterFactory$ContributedWrapperConversion.toJava(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.internal.marshaller.StandardFunctionInvocationMarshaller.convertResult(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.internal.bridge.proxy.AbstractInvocationHandler$MethodHandler$1.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.environment.AbstractScriptEnvironment.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.internal.bridge.proxy.AbstractInvocationHandler$MethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.internal.bridge.proxy.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeGeneric(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.internal.bridge.proxy.AbstractInvocationHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at $Proxy40.getValueSet(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.shared.common.internal.valueProviders.ScriptAttributeValueProvider.getValueSet(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueProviders.AttributeValueProviderRegistry$SafeValueSetProvider.getValueSet(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.AttributeImpl.getValueSet(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ItemStore$ItemInvocationHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at $Proxy27.getValueSet(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.EnumerationValueSetProvider.getValueSet(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.editor.DecoratedComboUpdaterJob.runInBackground(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.editor.presentations.EnumerationAttributePart$5.runInBackground(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.UIUpdateManager$BackgroundJob.runProtected(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)

6 answers

permanent link
Michael Tunnicliffe (2634) | answered Jul 29 '11, 12:29 p.m.
Just dropping a quick note here, I am using your workaround for the "Can only convert instances of 'com.ibm.jdojo.internal.facade.ListScriptType', but got 'org.mozilla.javascript.NativeObject'" error as I am also seeing this problem.

I have set a watch on this thread in the hope that a clean solution will be found. Thanks for the workaround.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jul 19 '11, 10:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In 3.0.1, the UI lets you create a scripted value set provider, but unfortunately it doesn't let you enter the path to the script, and you still need to configure that manually in the XML. There also appears to be no content assist for the script tag.
I've filed 171808: Content assist missing support for script tag for valueSetProvider tag.

For the issue about restricting a work item attribute to a particular type, I found an existing enhancement request:
99841: Restrict work item type in work item list custom attribute.

permanent link
Claudio Neves (4133) | answered Jul 14 '11, 3:44 p.m.
Unfortunately the RTC 3.0 UI did not provide a wizard for entering a scripted value set provider, but I found an example somewhere after doing a search, which I referenced when adding my value set provider script to the process configuration xml source. Also, when you open the project area and go to the links tab, you will find an 'attachments' pane which you can use to upload the script as an attachment to the process. The relative path used here is reflected in the path that goes into the xml. Whenever you work with the xml, make sure you have process configuration xml backups and that you don't work with live project areas in the event that a change is made that corrupts the xml.

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I've finally found where to upload the script. I was looking for a "Links" tab on the Web interface, NOT on Eclipse interface. After checking on Eclipse interface, it was just there! :)

Thanks for the tip of having backups of the process configuration, it's really very easy to mess it up.

We are used to make heavy ClearQuest customizations and we are having a hard time with the limitations of RTC. For example, in ClearQuest there is a field type that is a "Reference". A Reference is related to an specific Record Type (equivalent to work item type). On RTC, the only thing close to that is the "Work Item" kind of attribute, but it does not force referencing to an specific Work Item type, it can be any type. It's too open for the "smart" users that will be using it.

Thanks again,
Claudio Neves

permanent link
Claudio Neves (4133) | answered Jul 13 '11, 4:35 p.m.
I have this working now, although it is somewhat of a hack, so use at your own risk - as I can't predict how future api changes might affect this approach. If you have an approach that doesn't rely on getChildren, let me know.

(function() {

console.log("com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet version 1.1");
// using the getChildren method in order to get an array object type which can be returned
// and can also be manipulated with javascript array commands
// using [] directly to build the array did not work and rtc complained about a conversion error
// org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: Can only convert instances of 'com.ibm.jdojo.internal.facade.ListScriptType',
// but got 'org.mozilla.javascript.NativeArray'
var severityOptions= configuration.getChildren();
// clean out any values from the List type of javascript array
severityOptions.slice(0,0);

// QC does not have Unclassified or Critical
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l1"); // Unclassified
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l2"); // Minor
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l3"); // Normal
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l4"); // Major
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l5"); // Critical
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l6"); // Blocker
} else {
}
return severityOptions;
}
});
}) ();

Hello,

Sorry about cross-posting, but we digged into tons of documentations and didn 't find the current way to upload a javascript file with the code to be used as a ValueSetProvider. Could you please explain how to do that? If it's a Validator, it's simple, there's an interface to upload, but not for ValueSetProvider.

Thank you very much!
Claudio Neves

permanent link
Tom Canova (9111) | answered Jun 15 '11, 3:26 p.m.
I have this working now, although it is somewhat of a hack, so use at your own risk - as I can't predict how future api changes might affect this approach. If you have an approach that doesn't rely on getChildren, let me know.

(function() {

console.log("com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet version 1.1");
// using the getChildren method in order to get an array object type which can be returned
// and can also be manipulated with javascript array commands
// using [] directly to build the array did not work and rtc complained about a conversion error
// org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: Can only convert instances of 'com.ibm.jdojo.internal.facade.ListScriptType',
// but got 'org.mozilla.javascript.NativeArray'
var severityOptions= configuration.getChildren();
// clean out any values from the List type of javascript array
severityOptions.slice(0,0);

// QC does not have Unclassified or Critical
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l1"); // Unclassified
severityOptions.push("severity.literal.l5"); // Critical
} else {
}
return severityOptions;
}
});
}) ();

permanent link
Tom Canova (9111) | answered Jul 13 '11, 11:12 p.m.
Unfortunately the RTC 3.0 UI did not provide a wizard for entering a scripted value set provider, but I found an example somewhere after doing a search, which I referenced when adding my value set provider script to the process configuration xml source. Also, when you open the project area and go to the links tab, you will find an 'attachments' pane which you can use to upload the script as an attachment to the process. The relative path used here is reflected in the path that goes into the xml. Whenever you work with the xml, make sure you have process configuration xml backups and that you don't work with live project areas in the event that a change is made that corrupts the xml.

I've not checked to see if 3.0.1 now provides the UI to configure this - if so, I'd recommend 3.0.1 as the safer approach to configuring this.

<!-- please note I've extracted the pertinent configuration data for this question from these configuration-data tags. There is actually other data in here -->

<configuration-data final="false" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workItemTypes" xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/workitemTypes">
<attributeDefinitions>
<!-- almcoe: added valueSetProvider to only provide a subset of the values on qc defect presentations -->
<attributeDefinition id="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.severity" name="Severity" type="severity">
<valueSetProvider providerId="com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet"/>
<dependsOn id="projectArea"/>
</attributeDefinition>
</attributeDefinitions>
</configuration-data>

<configuration-data final="false" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.providers" xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/providers">
<valueSetProviders>
<valueSetProvider id="com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet" name="FilteredSeverityValueSet" providerId="com.ibm.team.workitem.shared.common.internal.valueProviders.ScriptAttributeValueProvider">
<script class="com.citi.almcoe.FilteredSeverityValueSet" path="/workitem/scripts/common/FilteredSeverityValueSet.js"/>
</valueSetProvider>
</valueSetProviders>
</configuration-data>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.