It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

upgrading from 3.0 to 3.0.1 -export not required?

Kevin Behrens (7132) | asked Jun 14 '11, 3:31 p.m.
I was very pleased to read in the interactive upgrade guide that it appears I don't have to export my 3.0 data to tar and import it. there is a note on the importFromFile parameter to jts_upgrade.bat
Import data from version 3 exported tar file.
Note: If you are using the same database, data migration is not required. But if you are switching the database while upgrading, you must export your data from previous database and import it into the new database.

So there is no need to run repotools to export and then import. Sweet.

My concern is:
The interactive upgrade guide lists importFromFile as a optional parameter for ccm_upgrade.bat but required for jts_upgrade.bat.

Is this discrepancy a documentation error? I hope so, I'd love to upgrade the DB in place and not have to dump it and load it with repotools.

I'm going to downgrade my test machine from 3.0.1rc3 to 3.0 and then run through the upgrde to 3.0.1. Hopefully production soon after. Wish me luck.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 15 '11, 3:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was very pleased to read in the interactive upgrade guide that it appears I don't have to export my 3.0 data to tar and import it. there is a note on the importFromFile parameter to jts_upgrade.bat
Import data from version 3 exported tar file.
Note: If you are using the same database, data migration is not required. But if you are switching the database while upgrading, you must export your data from previous database and import it into the new database.

So there is no need to run repotools to export and then import. Sweet.

My concern is:
The interactive upgrade guide lists importFromFile as a optional parameter for ccm_upgrade.bat but required for jts_upgrade.bat.

Is this discrepancy a documentation error? I hope so, I'd love to upgrade the DB in place and not have to dump it and load it with repotools.

I'm going to downgrade my test machine from 3.0.1rc3 to 3.0 and then run through the upgrde to 3.0.1. Hopefully production soon after. Wish me luck.

Hi Kevin,

I believe that is an issue with the documentation. When I helped testing the 3.0 to 3.0.1 I did not have to supply the tar file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.