It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

instructions to create a Windows service for CQ Gateway

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked May 31 '08, 5:06 a.m.
I was able to successfully create a Windows service to start/stop Jazz server by following instructions in this page (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RunningJazzAsAService).

I tried to follow the same instructions to create a Windows service to start/stop CQ Gateway on the SAME server. In fact, I was able to create this second Apache Tomcat server usign a different name. However, I was not able to modify the service properties (e.g. JVM) by using tomcat5w.exe. Tomcat5w.exe always opens the 1st service.

Could anyone please comment on how to update properties for the second service? Thanks.

In addition, the instruction tells users to "Edit C:\jazz\server\teamserver.properties to make the DB location a absolute path name. (ie, change the value of with db.jdbc.location to C:/jazz/server/repositoryDB)". Is this still necessary in beta3? Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 20 '08, 12:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note that I just updated the page - I noticed that the JVM property settings weren't quite right (missing /gateway in the pathnames).

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Jun 20 '08, 9:51 a.m.
Thanks, John.

I will add the line into my service configuration. I actually worked together with Richie for a coule of hours in Jazz Cafe in RSDC to figure out the procedure. He was very helpful.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 20 '08, 8:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is also a wiki page on running the CQ Gateway as a service:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RunningGatewayAsAService

Looks like it's basically what you did, although you may want to add the configuration variable for the log4j.properties file.

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Jun 20 '08, 1:21 a.m.
We were able to create Windows services by following instructions at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RunningJazzAsAService, with some minor modification.

Create a Windows service for the Jazz server

1. From the command line, cd to \Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\bin
2. Run service.bat install JServerxxxx. The remove it, run service.bat remove.

Probably do not need to do this any more: Edit C:\jazz\server\teamserver.properties to make the DB location a absolute path name. (ie, change the value of with db.jdbc.location to C:/jazz/server/repositoryDB)

3. Run tomcat5w.exe //ES//JServerxxxx
4. On the 'Java' tab, uncheck 'Use default'.
5. Change the 'Java Virtual Machine' path to be D:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\win32\ibm-java2-i386-50\jre\bin\j9vm\jvm.dll
6. Add a line at the bottom the 'Java Options' text field with this content
-Dcom.ibm.team.server.configURL=file:///D:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\teamserver.properties
7. tChange the "Maximum memory pool" size to be 700
8. On the 'Startup' and 'Shutdown' tabs, make sure the 'Mode' setting is 'jvm'
9. On the 'General' tab you can change the 'Startup type' to be 'Automatic' if you want the sevice to start on it's own
10. Start the service to test out the server

Create a Windows service for the CQ connector

11. From the command line, cd to D:\Program Files\IBM\ClearQuestConnector\gateway\tomcat\bin
12. Run service.bat install CQGateway

Probably do not need to do this any more: Edit C:\jazz\server\teamserver.properties to make the DB location a absolute path name. (ie, change the value of with db.jdbc.location to C:/jazz/server/repositoryDB)

13. Run tomcat5w.exe //ES//CQGateway
14. On the 'Java' tab, uncheck 'Use default'.
15. Change the 'Java Virtual Machine' path to be D:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\win32\ibm-java2-i386-50\jre\bin\j9vm\jvm.dll
16. Add a line at the bottom the 'Java Options' text field with this content
-Dcom.ibm.rational.interop.gateway.configURL=file:///D:\Program Files\IBM\ClearQuestConnector\gateway\cqconnector.properties

17. Change the "Maximum memory pool" size to be 700
18. On the 'Startup' and 'Shutdown' tabs, make sure the 'Mode' setting is 'jvm'
19. On the 'General' tab you can change the 'Startup type' to be 'Automatic' if you want the sevice to start on it's own
20. Start the service to test

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.