It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems importing SVN repo

Dave Nice (612) | asked Jun 07 '11, 9:10 a.m.
Hi there,

I'm trying to migrate my SVN repository into RTC. My SVN repo is version 1.5, my RTC client is 2.0.0.2 ifix6. I have tried this on a variety of different machines so it's not a problem isolated to one install. I'm running Eclipse 3.6.2, Subversive 2.2.2 with JavaHL 1.5.4 win32 binaries.

I've managed to narrow the problem down to a few plugins (so far - I'm still importing a few at a time). During the import, I'll receive an exception like the one below in my error log, and the import will stop immediately:

An internal error occurred during: "SVN".
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:73)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.spi.FileProperties.<init>(FileProperties.java:44)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNFilePropertiesDelta.applyTo(SVNFilePropertiesDelta.java:45)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChange.asImportChange(SVNChange.java:150)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.processChanges(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:517)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.processChanges(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:443)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.processEntry(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:426)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.createChangeSetArchive(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:302)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.createChangeSetArchive(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:215)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.CreateArchiveOperation.run(CreateArchiveOperation.java:32)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.createArchive(ImportOperation.java:156)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.filesystemRun(ImportOperation.java:119)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.operations.FileSystemUIOperation.repositoryRun(FileSystemUIOperation.java:44)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.RepositoryOperation.run(RepositoryOperation.java:42)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.java:205)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner$1.run(JobRunner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Can you give me any pointers as to the kind of thing that might be causing this problem? Is there something I can change within the problematic plugins on SVN? Any debugging I can turn on to help?

I think we will be moving our installation to RTC 3 next week, so if the problem is definitely fixed in RTC 3 I could wait for that, although really I'd like to get imported in the next day or two.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

-- Dave Nice

2 answers

permanent link
Dave Nice (612) | answered Jun 08 '11, 8:38 a.m.
I've tried this with 3.0 ifix 1 now, too - still get the same error.

I've found this wiki page: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/SCMImport

And used the update plugin with my 2.0.0.2ifix6 install, still getting the same error. (I've checked that the plugin has applied successfully by checking the plugin dates in my help/about/installation details).

I've enabled the debug output and I can see that the revision history stops at rev 1469 (which is about the time I got the error, when I was watching the GUI).

The last few revisions look like this:

Revision: 1467

Date: 2008/06/19 15:27:12.457 +0000
Author: author1
Comment-lines: 1
test
Change-count: 1

Path: /file1
Kind: delete
Revision: -1

Revision: 1468
Date: 2008/06/19 15:45:15.741 +0000
Author: author2
fixing svn history

Path: /file2
Kind: delete
Revision: -1

Revision: 1469
Date: 2008/06/19 15:45:38.412 +0000
Author: author2
fixing svn history

Path: /file2
Kind: file,add
Archive-path: file2_1469.gz
Revision: 1469

Is it the -1 revisions that cause the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Jun 09 '11, 9:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This issue is being tracked by work item https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/168537.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.