It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SVN Import problem

Alessandro Perucchi (611) | asked Jun 01 '11, 12:30 p.m.
Hello everybody,

I'm new to RTC, and I've took nearly 2 days trying to import a SVN dump file with RTC 3.0.1, reading lots of forums, wikis, etc... and I cannot find a solution... maybe you can help me before opening a PMR...

2 Branches
6 Tags

I've created in RTC:
1 component (no need more than that)
3 Streams (1 for the trunk and all the tags and 2 for each branches)

Here is what I tried:

1st Tag
I've imported the SVN revision 0 - 10 (until my first tag) from the trunk
Perfect baseline for version 1.0 is OK, correct number of SVN revision imported.

2nd Tag
I've imported the SVN revision 10 - 19 () from the trunk.
But the importer imported from 10 - 53 (last revision of my SVN Dump)...

What the heck!?

Ok, it seems that start-end revision does not work (I tried at least 30 times in 2 days... with subtils variation on the above procedure, by trying to check or not each settings, all the combinations...)
I tried to import the tags directly from the /tags/... but each time for the 2nd tag... I get a crash.

So at the end, I've created 9 streams: 2 for each branches, 6 for each tags and 1 for the trunk.
And of course, there are no flows between all these streams... (or at least I don't know how to do that, if it is even possible to do that, because I'm new to the RTC concept...)

So it means that each streams has only 1 revision, except for the trunk which has the whole set.

So someone has the same problem as me?
Could someone help me?
Should I open a PMR for that strange behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro

2 answers

permanent link
Alessandro Perucchi (611) | answered Jun 15 '11, 12:09 p.m.
Someone else had a similar problem so I opened https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/167940. The work around is to click "No" when prompted to continue from revision X. Clicking yes ignores the ranges from the wizard while clicking No will use them.

Hello

sorry to answer so late to your post, but thank you that has resolved my problem... now I'm trashing some baselines... some revision in order to have a clean state.

Thank you very much,
Alessandro

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Jun 02 '11, 8:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Someone else had a similar problem so I opened https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/167940. The work around is to click "No" when prompted to continue from revision X. Clicking yes ignores the ranges from the wizard while clicking No will use them.

You can also discard the change sets from the end of history to get back to the point where you want a baseline. Just do a Show History on the component, select the change sets to discard in the history view and choose discard from the context menu.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.