It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to programmatically add value to an Enumeration?

Eduardo Bello (4401922) | asked May 26 '11, 2:19 p.m.
Hi,

I'm developing a client that need to add values to an enumeration if they didn't exists (change the process configuration programmatically ).

I'm able to get the IEnumeration object using client library, something like this:

IEnumeration<ILiteral> enumeration = (IEnumeration<ILiteral>) workItemClient.resolveEnumeration(attr, null);

But I didn't figure it out how to add a new value (literal and display name) to this enumeration.

I think that I'll need to use IProcessClientService to get IClientProcess then finally get an IProcessConfigurationData. Or I use IProcessItemService to obtain an IProcessDefinition... But this is as far as I can get.

Any suggestions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mohammed Alawneh (261) | answered Jan 18, 10:09 a.m.

Hi,

You may check this question! 

Also, I added an answer on the same question that has some code snippets for adding literals to enumeration using RTC client side SDK :

Thank you!
Mohammad Alawneh

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 18, 10:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that this question is very old.  

7 other answers

permanent link
Eduardo Bello (4401922) | answered Jun 06 '11, 8:32 a.m.
Anyone?

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jun 06 '11, 10:58 a.m.
Anyone?

This post helped me:

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14847

Comments
Girish Chandra P commented Jan 18, 3:53 a.m.

Some how this link says  "File not Found " Is it removed ? Can you help me to get this link working please

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 18, 4:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a 13 year old question. There is no telling why the answer is gone.  

permanent link
Eduardo Bello (4401922) | answered Jun 06 '11, 1:28 p.m.
Anyone?

This post helped me:

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14847

Thank you... Actually I did participate on the post that you mentioned, helping someone else.

But my case is a little bit different. I want to add a new value for an existing enumeration.

Anyway, thank you very much for trying to help me.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 09 '11, 4:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've not used this myself, but it appears the process specification can be accessed, modified and saved via the process area working copies API.
e.g.

com.ibm.team.process.client.workingcopies.IWorkingCopyManager.getWorkingCopy(IProcessItem)

IProjectAreaWorkingCopy extends IProcessAreaWorkingCopy, IProcessContainerWorkingCopy

com.ibm.team.process.client.workingcopies.IProcessContainerWorkingCopy.getProcessSpecification() --> IDocument

org.eclipse.jface.text.IDocument.get() --> String
org.eclipse.jface.text.IDocument.set(String)

com.ibm.team.process.client.workingcopies.IProcessItemWorkingCopy.save(IProgressMonitor)

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jul 19 '11, 5:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To get the IWorkingCopyManager mentioned above, you can use helpers like the following (taken from the Process test suites):

protected IProcessItemService getProcessService() {
return (IProcessItemService) getRepository().getClientLibrary(IProcessItemService.class);
}

public IWorkingCopyManager getWorkingCopyManager() {
return getProcessService().getWorkingCopyManager();
}

where getRepository() returns the ITeamRepository representing the connection to your repo.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Oct 12 '12, 6:05 a.m.
Hi Nick,
these API works correctly in the sense that the process source configuration is changed. But in order to use the new configuration it seems to be necessary to "refresh" the project area using eclipse client. In my case if I open process configuration I find all the modification I've made but if I try to create a new work-item this work-item does not see them.

Is there some refresh operation that must be performed in order to work?

Other question: I can use getProcessSpecification() methods both on IProcessDefinitionWorkingCopy (obtained from the project area) and IProjectAreaWorkingCopy. Which of them is correct in order to modify the project area configuration?

Thanks,
Michele.

permanent link
Andrada Roman (201014) | answered Mar 05 '15, 8:32 a.m.
 Hello Eduardo,

I am interested to programmaticaly add a value to an enumeration as well. Have you managed to do this?
Thank You!

Andrada

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.