It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to accept change from the same worksapce???

qiu saphen (27126039) | asked May 26 '11, 9:31 a.m.
Hi,
I use RTC 3.0 and load a component to my desktop, meanwhile I load the same component to my remote linux server.
I make some changes on my desktop and then check-in and deliver. But when I use command line (scm accept) on my remote linux server, it shows that "Workspace unchanged.", why???

How can I fix this issue??

6 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 01 '11, 4:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no need to delete the .jazz5 directory. If your sandbox is at /home/om/tmp, step into that directory and run 'load <ws> -f'.

For the 'load' action, I was login on the /home/om/tmp path, and load source code in it, and I load again, it shows above message.
But when I delete .jazz5 folder, I can load again... is it a bug? Can not load twice?
I'm not sure what the right way is to reload with the command line. Deleting the .jazz5 folder is ok though. Although, the important part is using a different workspace for each place that you've loaded the content.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 26 '11, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For the 'load' action, I was login on the /home/om/tmp path, and load source code in it, and I load again, it shows above message.
But when I delete .jazz5 folder, I can load again... is it a bug? Can not load twice?
I'm not sure what the right way is to reload with the command line. Deleting the .jazz5 folder is ok though. Although, the important part is using a different workspace for each place that you've loaded the content.

permanent link
qiu saphen (27126039) | answered May 26 '11, 11:37 a.m.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 26 '11, 10:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you must use the same workspace then there is no way to avoid out-of-sync issues. You're making changes to the workspace on your desktop that don't update the loaded files on the server. You'll always be out-of-sync whenever you alter the workspace from one place.

There is no reason to use the same workspace. Workspaces are low cost so you might as well make a duplicate. When you deliver a change, the other workspace will see it as incoming. If you want the change in the other workspace but don't want to deliver, you can suspend and resume in the other workspace.

For the 'load' command, it seems that you're not in the right directory when running the command. It says you must load in sandbox root so you're probably not in that directory.

permanent link
qiu saphen (27126039) | answered May 26 '11, 10:18 a.m.
Yes, you are right!
I thought 'accept' is to accept workspace changes into local disk before. And is there any way to avoid out of sync if I want to use the same workspace and load different places?

BTW, when I load again it shows:
Problem running 'load':
Must load in sandbox root (/home/om/tmp). To load into a descendent specify the path with target. Try 'scm help load' for more information

It sounds like you're using the same workspace for both your desktop and the server. The 'accept' command will accept the change into your workspace. Since you're using the same workspace, it already has the change.

I think what you're looking for is to sync the content on disk to the workspace. You'll have to load the workspace again to bring it back into sync (will only load out of sync content).

In the future, it is best to use a separate workspace to avoid out-of-sync issues. Then you'll accept changes to get the change into your workspace and to update the content on disk.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 26 '11, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like you're using the same workspace for both your desktop and the server. The 'accept' command will accept the change into your workspace. Since you're using the same workspace, it already has the change.

I think what you're looking for is to sync the content on disk to the workspace. You'll have to load the workspace again to bring it back into sync (will only load out of sync content).

In the future, it is best to use a separate workspace to avoid out-of-sync issues. Then you'll accept changes to get the change into your workspace and to update the content on disk.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.