It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC have Label Incrementer (as in Cruise Control)?

Joef Huang (46114) | asked May 20 '11, 10:03 a.m.
Hello,

We were using the Label Incrementer in Cruise Control to label our automatic builds.

Now that we are moving to RTC, I wonder if there is a similar function in RTC that we can leverage to label the automatic builds?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Joef Huang (46114) | answered May 23 '11, 2:44 p.m.
Hello,

Cruise Control has a set of properties that are passed on to user Ant scripts during build, such as "label", etc.

In RTC build, it seems there are also properties (such as "buildResultUUID") that user Ant script can use. But I can't seem to find a document for the list of such properties and their details.

Can someone please provide a pointer?

Thanks.

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered May 20 '11, 12:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

We were using the Label Incrementer in Cruise Control to label our automatic builds.

Now that we are moving to RTC, I wonder if there is a similar function in RTC that we can leverage to label the automatic builds?

Thanks.

Hi,

There isn't much flexibilty with regard to the label currently. Check out these requests and please add comments if there is something you would like to see.

113599: Support property to specify build label format
113600: Support property to specify snapshot name format

The first one has a comment about using the buildResultPublisher Ant task, which will let you update the label.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.