It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to get the v7.5.0.2 war or ear file?

JazzRUs Gogh (1061311) | asked May 19 '11, 5:39 p.m.
We already have WAS 7 installed hence I only need RAM war/ear file. I downloaded the RAM download zip file from jazz site, follow instruction trying to get the RAM war or ear file but not able to find it. Please help or let me know where I can it then.

Any v7.5 version will do, thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Gerald Gordon (7011419) | answered Aug 27 '14, 2:57 p.m.
I have the same issue and we want to upgrade from 7.5.1.1 to 7.5.2.1... We really just need the ear files and then we can run the setup once we have them...  I too downloaded the new 7.5.2.1 zip files but the .ear ram.setup ear file was not present.  Since we did not use installation manager to install RAM the first time in our environment we would like to use the same process for the upgrade... please advise..

Comments
Gerald Gordon commented Aug 27 '14, 2:58 p.m. | edited Aug 27 '14, 3:00 p.m.

Also please note that there are manual instructions that are mentioned for this upgrade and in the manual path it mentions the .ear/war files to be uploaded but we can't find them. 

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 19 '11, 6:15 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should be using the Installation Manager to install it. That will
get the appropriate programs. You can't just install the ear. There is a
bunch of setup required (databases, WAS, RTC, RAM, etc).

The Installation Manager and Server Setup handles all of that for you.

The instructions on this page tell you how to do it:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-asset-manager/releases/7.5.0.2

--
Rich Kulp
Rational Asset Manager developer

permanent link
Brian Young (511) | answered Aug 27 '14, 3:38 p.m.
Hello Gerald,

The files for manual install of RAM 7.5.2.1 cannot be gotten from jazz.net.  Only the Installation Manager install is available.  To get the files for a manual install you will have to go to IBM Fix Central.

http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/

Select RAM as the product, the version you are currently running and the OS.  You will then be able to search for all updates that can be applied to your version.  The results should include RAM 7.5.2.1 group fix pack.  Choose this and you can then select one of the manual deploy zip files for download depending on the OS you would like.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.