It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add another browser to the browsers list of platforms

Jay Graham (4643) | asked May 17 '11, 6:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the test environment section of a test plan or in creating a TER, I can see a list of browsers. I did not see Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9. How do I add these two to the list?

3 answers

permanent link
Barry Gallagher (1622) | answered May 18 '11, 5:23 a.m.
In the test environment section of a test plan or in creating a TER, I can see a list of browsers. I did not see Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9. How do I add these two to the list?

Hi Jay,

To carry out this task, you need to follow these steps
(1) In the Admin link in the top right hand corner of the screen, click on system properties
(2) Select "Lab Resource Properties"
(3) In the left hand side, click "Installed Software", click "Browsers", click "Internet Explorer".
(4) Click the green plus button and you can now type in the browsers listed above "Internet Explorer 9" etc
(5) Press save

The newly added brower should now be available. Please reply if this solved your issue or not. Barry.

permanent link
Jay Graham (4643) | answered May 19 '11, 2:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This solved it. I am using 3.0.1 so System Properties option is not there. It looks like it has changed to Manage Project Properties.

Thanks.

Hi Jay,

To carry out this task, you need to follow these steps
(1) In the Admin link in the top right hand corner of the screen, click on system properties
(2) Select "Lab Resource Properties"
(3) In the left hand side, click "Installed Software", click "Browsers", click "Internet Explorer".
(4) Click the green plus button and you can now type in the browsers listed above "Internet Explorer 9" etc
(5) Press save

The newly added brower should now be available. Please reply if this solved your issue or not. Barry.

permanent link
Barry Gallagher (1622) | answered May 20 '11, 4:07 a.m.
We are currently on RQM 2.0.1.1 and waiting for the release of RQM 3.0 before we upgrade. Thanks for the heads up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.