It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Searching for help for best pratice

Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | asked May 17 '11, 10:16 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 4:35 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hy

we are using RTC 3.0 on system-i and have some question setting up our project in RTC 3.0.

We are about 8 Developer working on the same project.
On system-i our enwironment looks so:

LIB-A include SourceCode and objects which are in use by the developers

LIB-B include SourceCode and objects after deliver from the developer to be build and sent to the testsystem

LIB-C include all SourceCode and objects which are installed on our production system.

Should we use on stream and on i-project or should we use 3 streams and 3 i-projects to handle this?

Is there any possibility to find out which sourcemembers are in one workitem to create a file on system-i on which we can start our cl-pgm for the build?

Any help will be appriciated
Andreas

One answer

permanent link
Alex Moore (812) | answered Aug 16 '13, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andreas,

It's best to have 3 streams and 3 different i-projects to keep the different sourceCodes used for multiple purposes separated.

Also, to find out which source members are defined to a workitem use the eclipse studio to click on the links tab of the workitem.  A Links section will expand displaying Change sets under the Links section.  Double click on the changeset to display the source file associated with the changeset.

Thanks...Alex

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.