It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project configuratio and user workload tracking across proj.

Thomas Schneider (5666) | asked May 22 '08, 9:20 p.m.
retagged Feb 07 '13, 6:04 p.m. by Sudhakar Frederick (80113631)
Does anyone know if the following is possible;
Is there a mechanism to monitor workload for a user across projects or does this only work across team areas?

i.e.

T = Team area
Repository
/ \
/ \
Project A Project B
/ \ / \
T1 T2 T1 T2
| | \
user1 user1 user1

So will the work assigned to user1 be able to be seen over both projects?

Comments
Sudhakar Frederick commented Feb 07 '13, 6:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Looks like this isn't possible. Wonder if It's possible via RRDI?

2 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Feb 08 '13, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,

I would expect that, depending on what you mean by 'workload', the information you need should be in the data warehouse, and you can write reports in RRDI that aggregate this data across project areas. (The limitation is that the data warehouse is associated with a JTS, so while you can do cross-project and cross-application reports, this is only true for apps that are connected to the same JTS). 

The warehouse stores work items, owners, estimates, time spent, team areas and project areas, so a rough guess  on my part says your workload calculation should be possible.

james

Comments
Sudhakar Frederick commented Feb 09 '13, 5:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Looking at https://jazz.net/library/article/586, "Load Information is a comparison of remaining work time (as defined in the work environment) and remaining estimated work." .
So back to my first comment, what I can't seem to find (i'm sure I'm not looking in the right place) is the remaining work time (work environment) part in the RRDI data model.

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Feb 08 '13, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks James. I was looking for data on percentage allocation to team areas, but thinking about your answer maybe I don't need that information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.